Shawn Mendes has released a "Portuguese version" of his song "In My Blood".
This was not recorded with his Brazilian fans in mind, though. The Portuguese version of "In My Blood" (the first single from Shawn's eponymous third studio album) was actually recorded to serve as the official 2018 FIFA World Cup anthem of the Portugal's national football team. Random? Not really. Shawn's father is Portuguese and he has had a special connection with this country all his life. So when he was approached by the Portuguese Football Federation with this proposal, Shawn gave them a quick yes!
Vamos, família! Força Portugal! ???????? ?? ???? @selecaoportugal— Shawn Mendes (@ShawnMendes) 13 de junio de 2018
The "Portuguese version" of "In My Blood" is not entirely in Portuguese, though. I would say 90% of it remains in English! Oh well. The few lyrics Shawn Mendes does sing in Portuguese sounded absolutely beautiful in his voice. He should totally consider recording a fully Portuguese original song in the future. It would be the bomb.pt!
- See Here Twenty One Pilots' "Trench" Tracklist!
- Nicki Minaj - "Queen": Album Lyrics + Stream
- Calvin Harris & Sam Smith Announce Debut Collaboration “Promises”: Are You Ready For The Slayage?
- Ariana Grande & James Corden Recreate The “Titanic” Love Story In 13 Songs: Cover Timbaland, Gaga, Vanilla Ice & More!
- Nicki Minaj Premieres Fiery Music Video for "Ganga Burns": Watch
- Janet Jackson’s New Era Kicks Off THIS WEEK!
- Listen To Nicki Minaj's New Song "Sorry" That's NOT On "Queen"!
- Get Kanye West’s New Song “XTCY” For Free!