I'm not buying it.
I didn't like Selena Gomez' song for the "13 Reasons Why" Season 2 soundtrack, "Back to You", when it was released a few weeks ago, I didn't like the new season of the Netflix series at all, and now I'm not liking Selena's music video for "Back to You" - which premiered just minutes ago on the singer's YouTube channel.
I felt like Selena tried too hard with this country-electronic mid-tempo (trying to be "cool" with it) and she definitely tried too hard with this music video and its treatment. What was that? The story was too cheesy, the editing and filters were #toomuch (I get the "European" vibe), but what disturbed me the most was Selena's acting. We all know she's not the best actress in the world, and if that's a weak point of hers, why do it in her new music video, right? She just tried too hard, sorry.
This music video now closes the "Back to You" chapter and I hope we get very soon the first song from Selena's next album era. And I hope she returns to true pop - which is a genre more believable for Selena.
- See Here Twenty One Pilots' "Trench" Tracklist!
- Nicki Minaj - "Queen": Album Lyrics + Stream
- Calvin Harris & Sam Smith Announce Debut Collaboration “Promises”: Are You Ready For The Slayage?
- Ariana Grande & James Corden Recreate The “Titanic” Love Story In 13 Songs: Cover Timbaland, Gaga, Vanilla Ice & More!
- Nicki Minaj Premieres Fiery Music Video for "Ganga Burns": Watch
- Janet Jackson’s New Era Kicks Off THIS WEEK!
- Listen To Nicki Minaj's New Song "Sorry" That's NOT On "Queen"!
- Get Kanye West’s New Song “XTCY” For Free!