Selena Gomez is on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar magazine for its March 2018 issue. The new issue will hit newsstands on February 20th!
See Selena’s new magazine cover above and see below all of her brand new photographs taken for the new issue of Harper’s Bazaar. The “Wolves” singer looks amazing in blonde, she doesn’t look a day over 16, and she’s slaying in her Coach 1941 garments.
On the exclusive interview inside the new Harper’s Bazaar issue, Selena will talk about her personal life, Instagram and her music.
On 2018 being a better year than 2017: “I’m going to say [it will] because I believe that for myself. And anyone who knows me knows I will always start with my health and my well-being. I’ve had a lot of issues with depression and anxiety, and I’ve been very vocal about it, but it’s not something I feel I’ll ever overcome. There won’t be a day when I’m like, “Here I am in a pretty dress— I won!” I think it’s a battle I’m gonna have to face for the rest of my life, and I’m okay with that because I know that I’m choosing myself over anything else. I’m starting my year off with that thought. I want to make sure I’m healthy. If that’s good, everything else will fall into place.”
On her “complex” and “difficult” relationship with social network Instagram: “I have a complex relationship with Instagram, to say the least. It has given me a voice amid all the noise of people trying to narrate my life for me and allows me to say, “Hey, I’m gonna post this, and this is gonna take care of the 1,200 stories that people think are interesting but actually aren’t, and aren’t even true.” So it empowers me in that way because it’s my words and my voice and my truth. The only thing that worries me is how much value people our age place on social media. It’s an incredible platform, but in a lot of ways it’s given young people, myself included, a false representation of what’s important. So, yeah, it’s a complex relationship. Probably one of my most difficult relationships.”
On her next studio album: “My next album has been forever in the making. When people ask me why, I’m honest about it: It’s because I haven’t been ready. I mean, point-blank, I don’t feel confident enough in where my music is yet. If that takes 10 years, then it takes 10 years. I don’t care. Right now I just want to be super intentional with all of the things I’m doing.”
On her usual Saturday night: “It depends. If I’m in the mood for sister time, I’ll be with my sister, Gracie. She’s more mature than me in a lot of ways, and she’s four. [Laughs] If I want to hang out with my friends, I don’t really go to a lot of trendy places, so people know they shouldn’t really invite me to those places ’cause I’m not gonna go. I like going to nice restaurants, but I’m also into Chili’s. I love going to Chili’s and having queso and chips. I also love dancing. I really do. I love looking like a fool with my friends.”
For more about this Selena Gomez cover story, visit HarpersBazaar.com.
By the way, I’m too kind of depressed about Selena hinting in the interview her next album may not come for many years… guess we’ll have to do with one-off collaborations like "Wolves"?
- Nicki Minaj Premieres Fiery Music Video for "Ganga Burns": Watch
- Nicki Minaj - "Queen": Album Lyrics + Stream
- Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Performance On 'Fallon' Was All Kinds Of EPIC!
- Liam Payne Announces "First Time" EP, Delays Debut Solo Album Because Of... Cheryl?
- Jess Glynne’s “All I Am” Is An Anniversary Party Must-Play!
- Ariana Grande - "Sweetener": Complete Album Lyrics
- Ariana Grande Pays Tribute To Aretha Franklin With "Natural Woman" Performance On 'Fallon': So Emotional!
- Sam Smith Sings Of A No Strings Attached Relationship In Calvin Harris’ New Single “Promises”: Stream
- Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Music Video Trumps The Song
- Iconic Androgynous Goddess Christine and the Queens Premieres "5 Dollars" Music Video: Must-Watch
- Review: Janet Jackson - "Made For Now"