Another new Rita Ora song? Yes please, gimme!
The British-Kosovar singer has teamed up with Absolut’s The Open Mic Project to create a brand new song that will promote self-acceptance. The track is entitled “Proud” and it premiered moments ago on YouTube!
The lyrics of the song were inspired by the several real stories about acceptance submitted to The Open Mic Project by people all over the world.
It's finally here! I'm beyond #PROUD to share my new song inspired by YOUR stories of acceptance - in collaboration with @ABSOLUTvodka_US. Listen NOW at https://t.co/ERKongxo6U and keep the acceptance going ?????? #partner #refreshthetalk pic.twitter.com/n3Pm3n9GLd— Rita Ora (@RitaOra) 19 de enero de 2018
"It’s a beautiful thing because it’s about using music to encourage more acceptance in today’s world—regardless of your beliefs or borders," Rita said in an official statement. "It was really cool to connect with my fans and even make new ones and collect hundreds of real stories of acceptance. It was so inspiring to read. I read through as many as absolutely possible to read and it really helped make writing “Proud” that much more meaningful and real. I just want to encourage more acceptance in today’s world. It’s such a positive thing to do—now more than ever we really need it. Two or three years ago, I wasn’t sure if I would ever put out the music that I want and to be me and be free. Now, in 2018, I feel like that. In 2016, I thought there was no fucking way I’d be able to do what I want. How times change, right?".
Preach it, girl!
“Proud” is such a good song, Rita sings it so well, and I’m just loving the message behind it. You will definitely feel a little better with yourself after listening to this.
- Nicki Minaj Premieres Fiery Music Video for "Ganga Burns": Watch
- Nicki Minaj - "Queen": Album Lyrics + Stream
- Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Performance On 'Fallon' Was All Kinds Of EPIC!
- Liam Payne Announces "First Time" EP, Delays Debut Solo Album Because Of... Cheryl?
- Jess Glynne’s “All I Am” Is An Anniversary Party Must-Play!
- Ariana Grande - "Sweetener": Complete Album Lyrics
- Ariana Grande Pays Tribute To Aretha Franklin With "Natural Woman" Performance On 'Fallon': So Emotional!
- Sam Smith Sings Of A No Strings Attached Relationship In Calvin Harris’ New Single “Promises”: Stream
- Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Music Video Trumps The Song
- Iconic Androgynous Goddess Christine and the Queens Premieres "5 Dollars" Music Video: Must-Watch
- Review: Janet Jackson - "Made For Now"