The nominees of the 2018 Golden Globes have been announced. And the category we’ve been anticipating the most was undoubtedly “Best Original Song”. At the 2017 edition La La La’s “City of Stars” won the category, with much merit, and next year either Nick Jonas, Mariah Carey or Mary J. Blige could be the ones walking on stage and accepting the award for this music category. Why? Because Nick Jonas has been nominated for “Home”, the song he wrote for the soundtrack of the animated movie “Ferdinand”, Mary J. Blige received a nomination for “Mighty River”, the song she wrote for the soundtrack of “Mudbound”, and Mariah Carey has been nominated for “The Star”, the song she wrote for the animated film of the same name. The other nominees are “Remember Me” from “Coco” (performed by Miguel on the radio version but since he wasn’t a writer, he’s not nominated) and “This Is Me” from “The Greatest Showman”. If it were up to us, we would give the award to Mary J. Blige. We think her song has the best lyrics and vocal execution. Mariah’s song is our runner-up.
What’s your bet for winning song?
Best Original Song – Motion Picture
“Mighty River”, Mudbound
“Remember Me”, Coco
“The Star”, The Star
“This Is Me”, The Greatest Showman
Much luck to everybody!!!
The 2018 Golden Globes, hosted by Seth Meyers, will air on January 7.
- Nicki Minaj - "Queen": Album Lyrics + Stream
- See Here Twenty One Pilots' "Trench" Tracklist!
- Calvin Harris & Sam Smith Announce Debut Collaboration “Promises”: Are You Ready For The Slayage?
- Ariana Grande & James Corden Recreate The “Titanic” Love Story In 13 Songs: Cover Timbaland, Gaga, Vanilla Ice & More!
- Nicki Minaj Premieres Fiery Music Video for "Ganga Burns": Watch
- Janet Jackson’s New Era Kicks Off THIS WEEK!
- Listen To Nicki Minaj's New Song "Sorry" That's NOT On "Queen"!