Sad news for the music world.
Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of Irish band The Cranberries, has died at age 46.
She passed away today, January 15th, 2018.
Her lifeless body was found at the Hilton Hotel on Park Lane in London, England. As of this post, the cause of death is still “undetermined”.
Dolores’s publicist in a statement described the singer’s death as “sudden” and that “family members were devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.”
Dolores O'Riordan was in London for a recording session.
President of Ireland Michael D Higgins said he learned of Dolores’ passing with “great sadness”. He also said in an official statement: “To all those who follow and support Irish music, Irish musicians and the performing arts, her death will be a big loss.”.
Irish and international singer Dolores O’Riordan has died suddenly in London today. She was 46 years old.— The Cranberries (@The_Cranberries) 15 de enero de 2018
Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time. Full Statement: https://t.co/L8K98BFpSM pic.twitter.com/ADEY51Xnwe
Dolores O'Riordan forced The Cranberries to cut their European tour short last year due to back problems. The band’s US tour was then fully canceled too due to this health problem.
Here are some of Dolores/The Cranberries’ biggest hits to remember her amazing legacy:
- See Here Twenty One Pilots' "Trench" Tracklist!
- Nicki Minaj - "Queen": Album Lyrics + Stream
- Calvin Harris & Sam Smith Announce Debut Collaboration “Promises”: Are You Ready For The Slayage?
- Ariana Grande & James Corden Recreate The “Titanic” Love Story In 13 Songs: Cover Timbaland, Gaga, Vanilla Ice & More!
- Nicki Minaj Premieres Fiery Music Video for "Ganga Burns": Watch
- Janet Jackson’s New Era Kicks Off THIS WEEK!
- Listen To Nicki Minaj's New Song "Sorry" That's NOT On "Queen"!
- Get Kanye West’s New Song “XTCY” For Free!