Iggy Azalea has disappointed fans again.
The Australian rapper revealed via a tweet sent out over the weekend that her new project "Surviving the Summer" would now be released on July 6th. The project was originally scheduled for a June 6th release date and the June 30th. Now the project is suffering a third delay.
Also - Since i cant seem to speak about anything without being asked -— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) 8 de junio de 2018
when is the EP dropping: S.T.S is dropping July 6th. #TheMoreYouKnow
The reason? The change of the Island Records president, according to Iggy.
My record label, Island records, is changing presidents this month.— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) 8 de junio de 2018
We have to allow time for everyone in the company to re-organise,
its a big change!
Im really happy to welcome the new Island Records president,
cant wait to release this EP with him leading the team! https://t.co/gTXuKJqenH
But the disappointment is double.
We all thought "Surviving the Summer" was going to be a full-length album (Iggy's second after 2014's "The New Classic"). Iggy, in theory, scrapped "Digital Distortion" to start fresh and "Surviving the Summer" was expected to be that much-anticipated replacement. However, the "Savior" raptress is now saying "Surviving the Summer" is going to be an EP. So all this waiting for what? 4-5 new songs?
- See Here Twenty One Pilots' "Trench" Tracklist!
- Nicki Minaj - "Queen": Album Lyrics + Stream
- Calvin Harris & Sam Smith Announce Debut Collaboration “Promises”: Are You Ready For The Slayage?
- Ariana Grande & James Corden Recreate The “Titanic” Love Story In 13 Songs: Cover Timbaland, Gaga, Vanilla Ice & More!
- Nicki Minaj Premieres Fiery Music Video for "Ganga Burns": Watch
- Janet Jackson’s New Era Kicks Off THIS WEEK!
- Listen To Nicki Minaj's New Song "Sorry" That's NOT On "Queen"!
- Get Kanye West’s New Song “XTCY” For Free!