Canadian rock diva Alanis Morissette performed her new single "Guardian" on Tuesday's episode of 'The Ellen Show' (above), while pop star Katy Perry had a sit-down interview with the American TV host to chat about her upcoming 3D documentary-concert film "Katy Perry: Part of Me", which opens in US theaters next June 5th (below). First let's talk Alanis, the legendary singer graced with her presence the 'Ellen' stage to perform her uplifting new single "Guardian", the lead offering from her upcoming eighth album "Havoc and Bright Lights" (August 28th). Alanis looked flawless, and sounded perfect! I'm happy btw her label is giving Alanis all these big promotion outlets like first 'Dancing With The Stars' and now 'Ellen' to perform 'Guardian'. They must really have faith in the song. I do too! I love it. It's sad though people are not connecting with it, cause, as of this post, "Guardian" is nowhere to be found on Top 100 on iTunes USA. What's going on?...*weeps*. Maybe a good music video?.
Oh well, now Katy Perry. The 27-year-old pop singer sat down with Ellen to speak about her latest activities, like her performance on the Billboard Awards, her passion about extraterrestrial life ('who built the pyramids?, asked Katy at one point), and of course, the interview mainly revolved around plugging Katy's upcoming 3D film which hits theaters in the US on the July 4th weekend. Katy told Ellen what fans can expect to see on the film, and confirmed her break-up from Russell Brand will be adressed there as well. Oh, and don't miss Katy and Ellen playing 'taboo'! Check it out.
Purchase Alanis' brand new single "Guardian" now on eMusic
- Beyoncé - '7/11'
- G-Unit - 'Big Body Benz'
- One Direction - "Night Changes"
- Watch Bastille's Fun & Creepy "Torn Apart" Music Video
- Conchita Wurst Premieres Abstract "Heroes" Music Video
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fun"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- New Music: Demi Lovato - "Up"
- New Music: Eminem – ‘Shady XV’ / ‘Lose Yourself’
- New Music: Iggy Azalea & Ellie Goulding - "Heavy Crown"
- The Script - "No Good In Goodbye"
- Phillip Phillips - "Unpack Your Heart"
- New Music: Selena Gomez - "Do It"
- B.o.B - "Not For Long"
- New Music: Hudson Mohawke - 'Chimes'