R&B divas Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson took the 'center stage' at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on February 3 in New Orleans to perform during the Super Bowl 2013 Pre-Game Show...Watch videos!
Ms Keys had the opportunity to sing the US national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner", and she did good! She had her piano with her, and she performed a very personal interpretation of the song. Vocals were right on point, and AK's 'sentiment' was so present. She was simply amazing.
Meanwhile, Jennifer Hudson performed alongside the chorus from Sandy Hook Elementary School the US patriotic tune "America the Beautiful". That was certainly moving. I totally commend the NFL's move to include the Newtown children in the event. It just felt right, plus allowing them to sing "America the Beautiful" before almost the entire US population watching - who have had them in their hearts and prayers ever since the horrifying December 14, 2012 shooting - was something destiny felt like needing.
How did AK and J-Hud fare?
- Listen to Ricky Martin's New Single "Adios"
- Stream: Full Studio Version of Azealia Banks' "Chasing Time" Is Out
- Rixton Reveals Cover & Tracklist of Debut Album "Let The Road"
- New Music: You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- Hear 19 Seconds of One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Now!
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances