One Direction ain't the only British boyband making it big right in the US...may I remember it's The Wanted (formed by Tom, Nathan, Jay, Max and Siva) who have scored a Top 5 hit in the super competitive Billboard Hot 100 chart with their catchy summery tune "Glad You Came". Yeah 1D's album may have debuted at #1 in America this week (beating Adele's '21'), but it's so radically different charting in a high position an album than a single. The Wanted have promoted hard, doing everything from appearing on 'Ellen', performing small gigs, radio interviews, etc, and now they're seeing the results with the #4 spot of 'Glad You Came' on the Hot 100. Just so you get my point, One Direction's 'WMYB' is at #33.
Now, making their late-night American television debut, The Wanted performed their smash "Glad You Came" on NBC's 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on Tuesday (March 20th). The guys rocked it! Sang it so well, looking good, looking confident, had girls screaming and singing the lyrics the entire performance and for the big ending, The Wanted were so kind to let their fans get real close to them. They told the first-row girls to come along with them on stage to sing the last seconds of 'Glad You Came'. Amazing! Just one small complaint though, why did they choose 'Gold Forever' as their next US single?. No ma'am.
What do YOU think of the 'performance'?
- Jeezy – ‘No Tears’
- New Music: Chris Brown – ‘X’
- Country Heartthrob Hunter Hayes Rocks "The Today Show": Watch
- Jessie J - "Sweet Talker"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Song: Flo Rida - "GDFR"
- Jasmine V - "That’s Me Right There"
- Maroon 5's Future Single "Animals" Featured In New KIA Commercial
- Juicy J – ‘Low’
- Watch The Weeknd's NSFW Music Video for "Often"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Priory: From Selling Their Own Blood to Recording "Weekend" & Signing to Warner
- Broods - "Evergreen"
- New Music: Ed Sheeran - "Everything You Are"
- Listen to Ariana Grande's Raciest Song Yet "Hands on Me" In Full Now!
- New Music: Alexandra Stan - "Give Me Your Everything"