One Direction ain't the only British boyband making it big right in the US...may I remember it's The Wanted (formed by Tom, Nathan, Jay, Max and Siva) who have scored a Top 5 hit in the super competitive Billboard Hot 100 chart with their catchy summery tune "Glad You Came". Yeah 1D's album may have debuted at #1 in America this week (beating Adele's '21'), but it's so radically different charting in a high position an album than a single. The Wanted have promoted hard, doing everything from appearing on 'Ellen', performing small gigs, radio interviews, etc, and now they're seeing the results with the #4 spot of 'Glad You Came' on the Hot 100. Just so you get my point, One Direction's 'WMYB' is at #33.
Now, making their late-night American television debut, The Wanted performed their smash "Glad You Came" on NBC's 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on Tuesday (March 20th). The guys rocked it! Sang it so well, looking good, looking confident, had girls screaming and singing the lyrics the entire performance and for the big ending, The Wanted were so kind to let their fans get real close to them. They told the first-row girls to come along with them on stage to sing the last seconds of 'Glad You Came'. Amazing! Just one small complaint though, why did they choose 'Gold Forever' as their next US single?. No ma'am.
What do YOU think of the 'performance'?
- Tulisa Will Entice You With Her Lips In "Living Without You" Music Video
- Lady Antebellum - "Freestyle"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- One Direction Confirm "Night Changes" as Next Single In Exclusive Scott Mills Interview + Talk "Four" Album: Listen
- Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Olly Murs - "Wrapped Up"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Gotti'
- Download: Future – ‘Monster’
- New Music: Nicki Minaj - "Only"
- World Premiere: Calvin Harris - "Together"
- New Music: Austin Mahone - "Places"
- Behind The Scenes: Ariana Grande - "Love Me Harder"
- New Music: Teyana Taylor - 'Do Not Disturb'
- Nicki Minaj’s ‘The Pinkprint’ Album Delayed Until December
- World Premiere: Bastille - "The Driver"