Watch now the world premeire of Travie McCoy's music video for "Rough Water". The Jason Mraz-assisted rap/pop song serves as the lead single from the Gym Class Heroes frontman's upcoming sophomore solo album, due in stores soon via Fueled by Ramen/Warner. Until then, check out the Ethan Lader-directed clip for the catchy "Rough Water" above, exclusively premiered on MTV.com.
Travie McCoy enjoyed massive success with his debut solo single "Billionaire" back in 2010. The song, featuring Bruno Mars in the chorus, reached #4 on Billboard's Hot 100. The album containing it, "Lazarus", didn't perform so well but with the amount of money Travie and his label got from the "Billionaire" sales and all the other things they got from it, like advertisment deals, sold-out shows, everything was cool. Travie returns solo in 2013 now to try and top the success from 2010, at least singles-wise. The first offering "Rough Water" sounds like a smash, so he's on the right path. Hopefully his second album will have follow-ups of the same level, so this time the album can sell well too.
As for the Ethan Lader-directed video for "Rough Water", it features an upside-down NYC, with Travie trying to catch the attention of a wandering girl, and Jason Mraz sporting one of his most mainstream looks ever as he chants the hooks.
What do you think of the video?
- iLoveMakonnen - 'Tuesday'
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Ryan Cabrera - "House On Fire"
- Nicole Scherzinger - "Big Fat Lie"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- Taylor Swift & Olly Murs Perform on "X Factor Australia" Season 6 Finale
- New Music: Calvin Harris - "Outside"
- Union J - "You Got It All"
- Foo Fighters Unveil "Something from Nothing" Lyric Video
- Iggy Azalea Unveils 'Reclassified' Album Tracklisting
- New Music: Drake - 'How About Now'
- Watch: Jessie J and Maroon 5 Perform on "X Factor UK"