The 2013 VMAs will surely be a night One Direction and Harry Styles won't be able to forget. There was so much drama going on around the British boyband, they must've been affected by it all somewhat. But, in the end, they should just remember they've just won their first 'Moonman', their upcoming concerts are all sold out, and they're still selling singles and albums like hotcakes. So, F everbody, right?. But let's recap the drama for a bit:
1). One Direction were in charge of presenting the first award of the night, "Best Pop Video", which ultimately was won by Selena Gomez for "Come & Get It" (na na na na). While delivering the pre-showing-of-the-nominees speech, the MTV cameras focused on Taylor Swift, who out of nowhere, dropped the F-bomb, allegedly on One Direction.
2). When accepting the "Best Female Video" award for "I Knew You Were Trouble", a shady Taylor Swift thanked the guy who inspired the song. At the beginning I thought too the song was written about an older Taylor ex, but during an interview after the 2013 BRIT Awards , where she performed the song, Taylor admitted "Trouble" was indeed about Harry Styles. So, what kind of unnecessary shade was this?.
3). Last but not least, One Direction were proclaimed victorious at the fan-voting category of "Best Song of the Summer" for "Best Song Ever". While thanking the 'Directioners' for their continuous support, the Barclays Center crowd began booing Zayn and Co. quite loudly. I don't get why?. At the same time, a special MTV camera that was recording the guest artists' reactions in the VIP area caught Gaga's reaction of the booing and she obviously seemed upset by the situation. Lady Gaga later ran backstage where she met One Direction to show them her support. You can hear her saying (video below) that she was so disgusted by the lack of manners of the crowd that she was even thinking about leaving the show. One Direction thanked her, and said they really didn't care about the booing. Still, what an awful situation to be in, right?.
Taylor drops the F-bomb
Taylor knew Harry was trouble when he walked in
One Direction get booed, Gaga comforts them
Update: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles reunited and posed for a picture together (along with common friend Ed Sheeran) at a VMAs After-Party. What!?
- New Music: Madonna - "Living for Love"
- Got 16 Minutes To Spare? Watch Nicki Minaj's "The Pinkprint Movie" Then
- The Veronicas Strut For Their Lives In "If You Love Someone" Music Video
- Download: French Montana - 'Mac & Cheese: The Appetizer'
- Merry Christmas! Miguel Releases 3 FREE New Songs
- Leona Lewis Teases Amazing Adele-Esque New Song: Watch
- Watch: Rihanna Shoots "Secret" Footage with Fans In Paris
- Interscope Confirms New Ellie Goulding & Carly Rae Jepsen Singles for Early 2015
- Nicki Minaj Talks Jay-Z Inspiring "The Pinkprint" Title on "The View"
- Hear Preview of Lana Del Rey and Her Ex-Boyfriend Barrie O'Neill's Duet "Riverside"
- Lady Gaga Brings "Cheek to Cheek" to "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon": Interview + Performances
- Watch Michael Bublé & Ariana Grande Cover "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" on NBC's "Christmas In New York"
- New Music: Chris Brown & Tyga - 'Ayo'
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Smoke Chambers'
- Surprise: Kendrick Lamar Is Interviewed, Performs Brand New Song on "Colbert Report"