Can't believe this is the first televised performance of this song! And when did Taio Cruz' 'Troublemaker' became a huge hit in the UK? The British singer, who slayed every possible chart in the planet with the smash "Dynamite" in 2010, is currently facing a 'flop' period. The lead single of his "TY.O" album, the Flo Rida-assisted "Hangover" was a commercial disappointment, even though Taio tried to back it up with countless tv performances, radio appearances, gigs, and a dope music video. "Hangover" simply didn't connect with people. Now, what I thought was that Taio was locked in an empty room crying over the "T.YO" disaster, but to my surprise, Mr Cruz had silently released the Swedish House Mafia-produced "Troublemaker" as his new single for the UK! Slowing creating a buzz, the dancefloor smash has become a huge hit in UK, currently at #6 on the charts, from last week's #3 peak.
Taio touched down in London this week and is promoting "Troublemaker" everywhere! I guess he didn't expect the song to be a hit this fast either. Taio offered the first televised performance of "Troublemaker" on BBC 1's 'The Graham Norton Show' on Friday (January 20th). Watch above! This song is killer! Should've been the lead international single instead of "Hangover". SMH! On the 'Graham' showing, Taio kinda re-created the setting of the "Troublemaker" music video. He did good! Now release the song in America and you'll get your new worldwide #1 Taio! Do it!
As we await the first TV performance of Ashanti's "The Woman You Love" single, the R&B star continues to promote the Busta Rhymes-assisted record at different events/gigs across America. Five days after making The Woman You Love's live debut at a club gig in NYC, Ms Ashanti gave the track its second live showing during the comeback of Tom Joyner's 'Sky Show' (celebrating the release of George Lucas' "Red Tails" film) held at the Rialto Center for the Arts in Atlanta. Ashanti hit the stage, and completely slayed 'The Woman You Love'. Great performance! She sounded amaaaazing! And I loved how she switched up the part where Busta would've come in! Everytime I re-play this performance, I tell myself, why did Ashanti include Busta Rhymes in the song again? He is so unnecessary. Ashanti should shine alone!
What do YOU think of these performances?
- Watch: Kendrick Lamar & Imagine Dragons Perform At Cleveland Cavaliers 2014-2015 Season Opener
- Preview: Demi Lovato & Olly Murs - "Up"
- "Blank Space" Announced as Second Single from Taylor Swift's "1989" / Brilliant Choice?
- Tulisa Will Entice You With Her Lips In "Living Without You" Music Video
- Lady Antebellum - "Freestyle"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- One Direction Confirm "Night Changes" as Next Single In Exclusive Scott Mills Interview + Talk "Four" Album: Listen
- Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Olly Murs - "Wrapped Up"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Gotti'
- Download: Future – ‘Monster’
- New Music: Nicki Minaj - "Only"
- World Premiere: Calvin Harris - "Together"
- New Music: Austin Mahone - "Places"
- Behind The Scenes: Ariana Grande - "Love Me Harder"