Can't believe this is the first televised performance of this song! And when did Taio Cruz' 'Troublemaker' became a huge hit in the UK? The British singer, who slayed every possible chart in the planet with the smash "Dynamite" in 2010, is currently facing a 'flop' period. The lead single of his "TY.O" album, the Flo Rida-assisted "Hangover" was a commercial disappointment, even though Taio tried to back it up with countless tv performances, radio appearances, gigs, and a dope music video. "Hangover" simply didn't connect with people. Now, what I thought was that Taio was locked in an empty room crying over the "T.YO" disaster, but to my surprise, Mr Cruz had silently released the Swedish House Mafia-produced "Troublemaker" as his new single for the UK! Slowing creating a buzz, the dancefloor smash has become a huge hit in UK, currently at #6 on the charts, from last week's #3 peak.
Taio touched down in London this week and is promoting "Troublemaker" everywhere! I guess he didn't expect the song to be a hit this fast either. Taio offered the first televised performance of "Troublemaker" on BBC 1's 'The Graham Norton Show' on Friday (January 20th). Watch above! This song is killer! Should've been the lead international single instead of "Hangover". SMH! On the 'Graham' showing, Taio kinda re-created the setting of the "Troublemaker" music video. He did good! Now release the song in America and you'll get your new worldwide #1 Taio! Do it!
As we await the first TV performance of Ashanti's "The Woman You Love" single, the R&B star continues to promote the Busta Rhymes-assisted record at different events/gigs across America. Five days after making The Woman You Love's live debut at a club gig in NYC, Ms Ashanti gave the track its second live showing during the comeback of Tom Joyner's 'Sky Show' (celebrating the release of George Lucas' "Red Tails" film) held at the Rialto Center for the Arts in Atlanta. Ashanti hit the stage, and completely slayed 'The Woman You Love'. Great performance! She sounded amaaaazing! And I loved how she switched up the part where Busta would've come in! Everytime I re-play this performance, I tell myself, why did Ashanti include Busta Rhymes in the song again? He is so unnecessary. Ashanti should shine alone!
What do YOU think of these performances?
- New Music: Madonna - "Living for Love"
- Got 16 Minutes To Spare? Watch Nicki Minaj's "The Pinkprint Movie" Then
- The Veronicas Strut For Their Lives In "If You Love Someone" Music Video
- Download: French Montana - 'Mac & Cheese: The Appetizer'
- Merry Christmas! Miguel Releases 3 FREE New Songs
- Leona Lewis Teases Amazing Adele-Esque New Song: Watch
- Watch: Rihanna Shoots "Secret" Footage with Fans In Paris
- Interscope Confirms New Ellie Goulding & Carly Rae Jepsen Singles for Early 2015
- Nicki Minaj Talks Jay-Z Inspiring "The Pinkprint" Title on "The View"
- Hear Preview of Lana Del Rey and Her Ex-Boyfriend Barrie O'Neill's Duet "Riverside"
- Lady Gaga Brings "Cheek to Cheek" to "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon": Interview + Performances
- Watch Michael Bublé & Ariana Grande Cover "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" on NBC's "Christmas In New York"
- New Music: Chris Brown & Tyga - 'Ayo'
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Smoke Chambers'
- Surprise: Kendrick Lamar Is Interviewed, Performs Brand New Song on "Colbert Report"