The talented and 'dark' Skylar Grey played her first UK show ever last night (August 22nd) - The Wisconsin singer hit the stage at East London's XOYO to present herself first as the mastermind behind the brilliant choruses in the hits "Coming Home", "Words I Never Said", "I Need A Doctor" and "Love The Way You Lie" (see above) and immediately after doing that hot medley, the Interscope Records artist introduced Skylar Grey, the solo artist. The Alex Da Kid protegée sang her singles "Dance Without You" and "Invisible". I have mad respect for Skylar, her talent as a vocalist and songwriter is undeniable. She was born to do this.
However, I do feel a bit worried about her current situation. She chose to release the risky "Invisible" to be her official debut single. The song is beautiful, with deep lyrics, and well-sung by Skylar, but to the ears of today's listeners who are more attracted to the electro beats, euro-pop sounds, or the crooner style of Bruno Mars or the relatable heart-breaking lyrics of Adele, Skylar's "Invisible" may find it hard to find its place on today's music tastes. "Invisible" is way too radio UNfriendly, and might get boring after a few listens. Interscope should have guided her better and advised her to release something more in line with her previous works with Alex Da Kid; with a cool production, mesmering verses and explosive 'victim' chorus.
- Listen To Charli XCX's AMAZING Pop-Punk Track "Breaking Up"
- Jessie J Rocks "Burnin' Up" & "Masterpiece" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"
- Beyoncé - '7/11'
- G-Unit - 'Big Body Benz'
- One Direction - "Night Changes"
- Watch Bastille's Fun & Creepy "Torn Apart" Music Video
- Conchita Wurst Premieres Abstract "Heroes" Music Video
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fun"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- New Music: Demi Lovato - "Up"
- New Music: Eminem – ‘Shady XV’ / ‘Lose Yourself’
- New Music: Iggy Azalea & Ellie Goulding - "Heavy Crown"
- The Script - "No Good In Goodbye"
- Phillip Phillips - "Unpack Your Heart"
- New Music: Selena Gomez - "Do It"