Changes are in the horizon for pop singer Selena Gomez. Justin Bieber's on-and-off girlfriend has finished her four-album deal with Disney's Hollywood Records and is currently on the hunt for a new label (feels like someone wants her own 'Bangerz' too?), as well as a new manager, but the latter seems to have been resolved already.
HitsDailyDouble reported yesterday (April 8):
'Pop siren Selena Gomez is out of contract with Disney—and though she may ultimately stay with her current label, she has been meeting with other record suitors. She's also seeing potential new managers, including Jeff Kwatinetz and Martin Kirkup. Attorney David Lande and her WME agent will be at her elbow throughout the process. Look for news on this front soon.'
And today, the website revised the information as follows:
'Selena Gomez has signed with Steve Jensen and Martin Kirkup's Direct Management'
Direct Management is the management firm of Katy Perry. So this could be an indicator Selena Gomez is planning on signing a new album deal with Capitol Records (Katy's label). I very much liked her "Stars Dance" album, definitely her album to date, so I'm hoping Selena doesn't try to pull a Miley 'Bangerz', and completely changes her sound (and look). Pop and dance-pop should be her thing. Honestly.
- Taylor Swift Chats & Shakes It Off on "Alan Carr"
- Taylor Swift - "1989"
- Kiesza - "No Enemiesz"
- New Music: T.I. - 'About The Money'
- One Direction - "Steal My Girl"
- New Music: Lupe Fiasco - 'Haile Selassie'
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Beg for It"
- New Music: Foo Fighters - "The Feast and the Famine"
- Taylor Swift Performs "Out of The Woods" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Watch: Nicki Minaj Stars in 2014 MTV EMA Commercial!
- Tamar Braxton - "Let Me Know"
- Walk The Moon - "Shut Up And Dance"
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Fooo Conspiracy: Talk Coming to the U.S, New Music & Justin Bieber!
- Kiesza Makes "GMA" Debut with "Hideaway" Performance