Changes are in the horizon for pop singer Selena Gomez. Justin Bieber's on-and-off girlfriend has finished her four-album deal with Disney's Hollywood Records and is currently on the hunt for a new label (feels like someone wants her own 'Bangerz' too?), as well as a new manager, but the latter seems to have been resolved already.
HitsDailyDouble reported yesterday (April 8):
'Pop siren Selena Gomez is out of contract with Disney—and though she may ultimately stay with her current label, she has been meeting with other record suitors. She's also seeing potential new managers, including Jeff Kwatinetz and Martin Kirkup. Attorney David Lande and her WME agent will be at her elbow throughout the process. Look for news on this front soon.'
And today, the website revised the information as follows:
'Selena Gomez has signed with Steve Jensen and Martin Kirkup's Direct Management'
Direct Management is the management firm of Katy Perry. So this could be an indicator Selena Gomez is planning on signing a new album deal with Capitol Records (Katy's label). I very much liked her "Stars Dance" album, definitely her album to date, so I'm hoping Selena doesn't try to pull a Miley 'Bangerz', and completely changes her sound (and look). Pop and dance-pop should be her thing. Honestly.
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances