Changes are in the horizon for pop singer Selena Gomez. Justin Bieber's on-and-off girlfriend has finished her four-album deal with Disney's Hollywood Records and is currently on the hunt for a new label (feels like someone wants her own 'Bangerz' too?), as well as a new manager, but the latter seems to have been resolved already.
HitsDailyDouble reported yesterday (April 8):
'Pop siren Selena Gomez is out of contract with Disney—and though she may ultimately stay with her current label, she has been meeting with other record suitors. She's also seeing potential new managers, including Jeff Kwatinetz and Martin Kirkup. Attorney David Lande and her WME agent will be at her elbow throughout the process. Look for news on this front soon.'
And today, the website revised the information as follows:
'Selena Gomez has signed with Steve Jensen and Martin Kirkup's Direct Management'
Direct Management is the management firm of Katy Perry. So this could be an indicator Selena Gomez is planning on signing a new album deal with Capitol Records (Katy's label). I very much liked her "Stars Dance" album, definitely her album to date, so I'm hoping Selena doesn't try to pull a Miley 'Bangerz', and completely changes her sound (and look). Pop and dance-pop should be her thing. Honestly.
- Tulisa Will Entice You With Her Lips In "Living Without You" Music Video
- Lady Antebellum - "Freestyle"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- One Direction Confirm "Night Changes" as Next Single In Exclusive Scott Mills Interview + Talk "Four" Album: Listen
- Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Olly Murs - "Wrapped Up"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Gotti'
- Download: Future – ‘Monster’
- New Music: Nicki Minaj - "Only"
- World Premiere: Calvin Harris - "Together"
- New Music: Austin Mahone - "Places"
- Behind The Scenes: Ariana Grande - "Love Me Harder"
- New Music: Teyana Taylor - 'Do Not Disturb'
- Nicki Minaj’s ‘The Pinkprint’ Album Delayed Until December
- World Premiere: Bastille - "The Driver"