Distrust in a relationship can be extremely damaging...especially if the thing you were worried about turns out to be false, and you look like a fool. That's the moral and the message behind Sean Paul's new single "Other Side of Love", that is well translated in its music video, directed Jon J, which premiered recently. Watch above.
"Other Side of Love" is a catchy dance-pop track to be featured on the Jaimacan star's upcoming studio album due this year via Atlantic/VP Records. Although we gotta recognize Sean Paul had an interesting and unexpected 'comeback' in 2011 with the hit "Got 2 Luv U" featuring Alexis Jordan, and the other single from his fifth studio album "Tomahawk Technique", "She Doesn't Mind" also topping a few charts, I don't think Sean is starting this follow-up era with the right foot. The first two singles ("Other Side of Love" and "Entertainment") aren't that 'commercially' good and strong and do not sound like smash hits IMO. We'll have to wait and see though if there are other better tracks on his upcoming sixth album. There could still be surprises!
Back to the "Other Side of Love" music video. It's got a cheap feeling to it, but all in all, cheap or not, the video is honest to the lyrics, so I approve. Sean Paul's girlfriend is acting weird, looking a bit disconnected. The reason?. She's read a text message on his cell phone that has her worried he could be cheating on her, but as the video moves forward, the 'true story' behind that text arises, with Sean Paul's girl looking like a fool in the last scene when she realizes she messed up big time. I would've asked for a refund!
What do you think of the music video?
- Listen to Ricky Martin's New Single "Adios"
- Stream: Full Studio Version of Azealia Banks' "Chasing Time" Is Out
- Rixton Reveals Cover & Tracklist of Debut Album "Let The Road"
- New Music: You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- Hear 19 Seconds of One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Now!
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances