Distrust in a relationship can be extremely damaging...especially if the thing you were worried about turns out to be false, and you look like a fool. That's the moral and the message behind Sean Paul's new single "Other Side of Love", that is well translated in its music video, directed Jon J, which premiered recently. Watch above.
"Other Side of Love" is a catchy dance-pop track to be featured on the Jaimacan star's upcoming studio album due this year via Atlantic/VP Records. Although we gotta recognize Sean Paul had an interesting and unexpected 'comeback' in 2011 with the hit "Got 2 Luv U" featuring Alexis Jordan, and the other single from his fifth studio album "Tomahawk Technique", "She Doesn't Mind" also topping a few charts, I don't think Sean is starting this follow-up era with the right foot. The first two singles ("Other Side of Love" and "Entertainment") aren't that 'commercially' good and strong and do not sound like smash hits IMO. We'll have to wait and see though if there are other better tracks on his upcoming sixth album. There could still be surprises!
Back to the "Other Side of Love" music video. It's got a cheap feeling to it, but all in all, cheap or not, the video is honest to the lyrics, so I approve. Sean Paul's girlfriend is acting weird, looking a bit disconnected. The reason?. She's read a text message on his cell phone that has her worried he could be cheating on her, but as the video moves forward, the 'true story' behind that text arises, with Sean Paul's girl looking like a fool in the last scene when she realizes she messed up big time. I would've asked for a refund!
What do you think of the music video?
- T.I. - 'Paperwork'
- Gwen Stefani - "Baby Don't Lie"
- Tulisa Drops Flawless Kiesza-esque Single "Living Without You": Listen
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- OneRepublic Cover George Ezra's "Budapest" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Preview: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Just Saying"
- New Music: Danity Kane - "All In A Day's Work"
- Wrong? Keyshia Cole's Son Daniel Gibson Jr Appears In "Remember " Music Video: Watch
- The HeavyTrackerz Drop Video For Feel-Good Debut Single "Old Habits"
- iLoveMakonnen - 'Tuesday'
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Ryan Cabrera - "House On Fire"