Sean Kingston celebrates not dying at his terrible jet ski accident (which resulted in an open heart surgery in a Miami hospital in 2011) on the T.I-assisted "Back 2 Life", the official lead single from the Jamaican-American's star upcoming third album of the same name, which will arrive in stores later in 2012 via Epic Records - The uptempo J.R. Rotem-produced track is good for what it is; a God-grateful Sean Kingston singing 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' lyrics. A kind of predictable theme TBH. But 'serious business' wise, "Back 2 Life" just doesn't have what it takes to be a 'single'. The song ain't that good, period. The beat sounds 'worn out' and the chorus is pretty weak. T.I went in hard though. His verse is the only thing I truly like on "Back 2 Life". Anyhow, now that Sean Kingston got the whole 'releasing a song about my accident' thing out of his system, he should proceed to give us the summer pop jam we're all waiting for. And I think it should that Shakira duet he's been boasting about!
What do you think of the video?
- New Music: Chris Brown - "No Lights"
- Song Premiere: Jordin Sparks - "I Wish We'd All Been Ready"
- Tinashe - "Aquarius"
- New Music: Cheryl - "I Don't Care"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Lola Blanc: Talks Stage Name Origin, Writing Britney Hit & Upcoming Debut EP
- Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- Alex and Sierra - "It's About Us"
- Lady Antebellum - "747"
- Stream: Tinashe - 'Aquarius'
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Bumpin' The Night"
- Song Premiere: Jason Aldean - "Just Gettin' Started"
- Ed Sheeran Covers Hozier's "Take Me To Church" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Nico & Vinz - "When the Day Comes"
- New Music: You+Me - "Capsized"
- Mila J Shows Off Abs & Twerks In "My Main" Music Video