Sean Kingston celebrates not dying at his terrible jet ski accident (which resulted in an open heart surgery in a Miami hospital in 2011) on the T.I-assisted "Back 2 Life", the official lead single from the Jamaican-American's star upcoming third album of the same name, which will arrive in stores later in 2012 via Epic Records - The uptempo J.R. Rotem-produced track is good for what it is; a God-grateful Sean Kingston singing 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' lyrics. A kind of predictable theme TBH. But 'serious business' wise, "Back 2 Life" just doesn't have what it takes to be a 'single'. The song ain't that good, period. The beat sounds 'worn out' and the chorus is pretty weak. T.I went in hard though. His verse is the only thing I truly like on "Back 2 Life". Anyhow, now that Sean Kingston got the whole 'releasing a song about my accident' thing out of his system, he should proceed to give us the summer pop jam we're all waiting for. And I think it should that Shakira duet he's been boasting about!
What do you think of the video?
- iLoveMakonnen - 'Tuesday'
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Ryan Cabrera - "House On Fire"
- Nicole Scherzinger - "Big Fat Lie"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- Taylor Swift & Olly Murs Perform on "X Factor Australia" Season 6 Finale
- New Music: Calvin Harris - "Outside"
- Union J - "You Got It All"
- Foo Fighters Unveil "Something from Nothing" Lyric Video
- Iggy Azalea Unveils 'Reclassified' Album Tracklisting
- New Music: Drake - 'How About Now'
- Watch: Jessie J and Maroon 5 Perform on "X Factor UK"