Sean Kingston celebrates not dying at his terrible jet ski accident (which resulted in an open heart surgery in a Miami hospital in 2011) on the T.I-assisted "Back 2 Life", the official lead single from the Jamaican-American's star upcoming third album of the same name, which will arrive in stores later in 2012 via Epic Records - The uptempo J.R. Rotem-produced track is good for what it is; a God-grateful Sean Kingston singing 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' lyrics. A kind of predictable theme TBH. But 'serious business' wise, "Back 2 Life" just doesn't have what it takes to be a 'single'. The song ain't that good, period. The beat sounds 'worn out' and the chorus is pretty weak. T.I went in hard though. His verse is the only thing I truly like on "Back 2 Life". Anyhow, now that Sean Kingston got the whole 'releasing a song about my accident' thing out of his system, he should proceed to give us the summer pop jam we're all waiting for. And I think it should that Shakira duet he's been boasting about!
What do you think of the video?
- Watch: Kendrick Lamar & Imagine Dragons Perform At Cleveland Cavaliers 2014-2015 Season Opener
- Preview: Demi Lovato & Olly Murs - "Up"
- "Blank Space" Announced as Second Single from Taylor Swift's "1989" / Brilliant Choice?
- Tulisa Will Entice You With Her Lips In "Living Without You" Music Video
- Lady Antebellum - "Freestyle"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- One Direction Confirm "Night Changes" as Next Single In Exclusive Scott Mills Interview + Talk "Four" Album: Listen
- Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Olly Murs - "Wrapped Up"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Gotti'
- Download: Future – ‘Monster’
- New Music: Nicki Minaj - "Only"
- World Premiere: Calvin Harris - "Together"
- New Music: Austin Mahone - "Places"
- Behind The Scenes: Ariana Grande - "Love Me Harder"