Sean Kingston celebrates not dying at his terrible jet ski accident (which resulted in an open heart surgery in a Miami hospital in 2011) on the T.I-assisted "Back 2 Life", the official lead single from the Jamaican-American's star upcoming third album of the same name, which will arrive in stores later in 2012 via Epic Records - The uptempo J.R. Rotem-produced track is good for what it is; a God-grateful Sean Kingston singing 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' lyrics. A kind of predictable theme TBH. But 'serious business' wise, "Back 2 Life" just doesn't have what it takes to be a 'single'. The song ain't that good, period. The beat sounds 'worn out' and the chorus is pretty weak. T.I went in hard though. His verse is the only thing I truly like on "Back 2 Life". Anyhow, now that Sean Kingston got the whole 'releasing a song about my accident' thing out of his system, he should proceed to give us the summer pop jam we're all waiting for. And I think it should that Shakira duet he's been boasting about!
What do you think of the video?
- Taylor Swift - "1989"
- Kiesza - "No Enemiesz"
- New Music: T.I. - 'About The Money'
- One Direction - "Steal My Girl"
- New Music: Lupe Fiasco - 'Haile Selassie'
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Beg for It"
- New Music: Foo Fighters - "The Feast and the Famine"
- Taylor Swift Performs "Out of The Woods" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Watch: Nicki Minaj Stars in 2014 MTV EMA Commercial!
- Tamar Braxton - "Let Me Know"
- Walk The Moon - "Shut Up And Dance"
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Fooo Conspiracy: Talk Coming to the U.S, New Music & Justin Bieber!
- Kiesza Makes "GMA" Debut with "Hideaway" Performance
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Iggy Szn"