Sean Kingston celebrates not dying at his terrible jet ski accident (which resulted in an open heart surgery in a Miami hospital in 2011) on the T.I-assisted "Back 2 Life", the official lead single from the Jamaican-American's star upcoming third album of the same name, which will arrive in stores later in 2012 via Epic Records - The uptempo J.R. Rotem-produced track is good for what it is; a God-grateful Sean Kingston singing 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' lyrics. A kind of predictable theme TBH. But 'serious business' wise, "Back 2 Life" just doesn't have what it takes to be a 'single'. The song ain't that good, period. The beat sounds 'worn out' and the chorus is pretty weak. T.I went in hard though. His verse is the only thing I truly like on "Back 2 Life". Anyhow, now that Sean Kingston got the whole 'releasing a song about my accident' thing out of his system, he should proceed to give us the summer pop jam we're all waiting for. And I think it should that Shakira duet he's been boasting about!
What do you think of the video?
- Pharrell - "Come Get It Bae"
- Union J - "Tonight "
- New Music: Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Stayin Out All Night'
- New Music: Lights - "Up We Go"
- New Music: T.I. - 'Stay'
- Video: 5 Seconds Of Summer Perform 'Amnesia' on "The Today Show"
- Maroon 5 - "V"
- New Music: OneRepublic - "Ordinary Human"
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Burnin' It Down"
- New Music: August Alsina – ‘No Love’
- YG - 'Bicken Back Bein Bool'
- New Music: Weezer - "Back To The Shack"
- First "2 On" TV Performance! Tinashe Takes Over "The Wendy Williams Show"
- Kanye West Covers GQ Magazine, Talks New Single 'All Day' & Jay Z & Beyonce Missing His Wedding