Blue-eyed soul crooner Robin Thicke gets funky on his new single "Blurred Lines", featuring Pharrell and T.I, the first offering from his upcoming sixth studio, and follow-up to 2011's "Love and War", due in stores later in 2013 via Star Trak/Interscope.
The 36-year-old Los Angeles native simultaneously premiered the audio and music video of his The Neptunes-produced single at midnight of Wednesday, March 20. There isn't official info on this song yet, but I can bet money Pharrell produced it, 'cause the beat sounds too similar to Madonna's "Give It 2 Me". Robin's "Blurred Lines" is an enjoyable funky-smooth R&B effort, Pharrell and T.I make nice addition to the groovy atmosphere, but all in all, this doesn't scream hit to me. Shame Robin isn't able to find that "Lost Without U" rival yet.
As for the simplistic "Blurred Lines" MV, it features Robin, Pharrell and T.I posing and moving to the funky beat as they try to win the heart of some sexy models.
What do you think of the video?
- New Music: Chris Brown - "No Lights"
- Song Premiere: Jordin Sparks - "I Wish We'd All Been Ready"
- Tinashe - "Aquarius"
- New Music: Cheryl - "I Don't Care"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Lola Blanc: Talks Stage Name Origin, Writing Britney Hit & Upcoming Debut EP
- Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- Alex and Sierra - "It's About Us"
- Lady Antebellum - "747"
- Stream: Tinashe - 'Aquarius'
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Bumpin' The Night"
- Song Premiere: Jason Aldean - "Just Gettin' Started"
- Ed Sheeran Covers Hozier's "Take Me To Church" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Nico & Vinz - "When the Day Comes"
- New Music: You+Me - "Capsized"
- Mila J Shows Off Abs & Twerks In "My Main" Music Video