Blue-eyed soul crooner Robin Thicke gets funky on his new single "Blurred Lines", featuring Pharrell and T.I, the first offering from his upcoming sixth studio, and follow-up to 2011's "Love and War", due in stores later in 2013 via Star Trak/Interscope.
The 36-year-old Los Angeles native simultaneously premiered the audio and music video of his The Neptunes-produced single at midnight of Wednesday, March 20. There isn't official info on this song yet, but I can bet money Pharrell produced it, 'cause the beat sounds too similar to Madonna's "Give It 2 Me". Robin's "Blurred Lines" is an enjoyable funky-smooth R&B effort, Pharrell and T.I make nice addition to the groovy atmosphere, but all in all, this doesn't scream hit to me. Shame Robin isn't able to find that "Lost Without U" rival yet.
As for the simplistic "Blurred Lines" MV, it features Robin, Pharrell and T.I posing and moving to the funky beat as they try to win the heart of some sexy models.
What do you think of the video?
- Watch: Kendrick Lamar & Imagine Dragons Perform At Cleveland Cavaliers 2014-2015 Season Opener
- Preview: Demi Lovato & Olly Murs - "Up"
- "Blank Space" Announced as Second Single from Taylor Swift's "1989" / Brilliant Choice?
- Tulisa Will Entice You With Her Lips In "Living Without You" Music Video
- Lady Antebellum - "Freestyle"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- One Direction Confirm "Night Changes" as Next Single In Exclusive Scott Mills Interview + Talk "Four" Album: Listen
- Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Olly Murs - "Wrapped Up"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Gotti'
- Download: Future – ‘Monster’
- New Music: Nicki Minaj - "Only"
- World Premiere: Calvin Harris - "Together"
- New Music: Austin Mahone - "Places"
- Behind The Scenes: Ariana Grande - "Love Me Harder"