Blue-eyed soul crooner Robin Thicke gets funky on his new single "Blurred Lines", featuring Pharrell and T.I, the first offering from his upcoming sixth studio, and follow-up to 2011's "Love and War", due in stores later in 2013 via Star Trak/Interscope.
The 36-year-old Los Angeles native simultaneously premiered the audio and music video of his The Neptunes-produced single at midnight of Wednesday, March 20. There isn't official info on this song yet, but I can bet money Pharrell produced it, 'cause the beat sounds too similar to Madonna's "Give It 2 Me". Robin's "Blurred Lines" is an enjoyable funky-smooth R&B effort, Pharrell and T.I make nice addition to the groovy atmosphere, but all in all, this doesn't scream hit to me. Shame Robin isn't able to find that "Lost Without U" rival yet.
As for the simplistic "Blurred Lines" MV, it features Robin, Pharrell and T.I posing and moving to the funky beat as they try to win the heart of some sexy models.
What do you think of the video?
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Ryan Cabrera - "House On Fire"
- Nicole Scherzinger - "Big Fat Lie"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- Taylor Swift & Olly Murs Perform on "X Factor Australia" Season 6 Finale
- New Music: Calvin Harris - "Outside"
- Union J - "You Got It All"
- Foo Fighters Unveil "Something from Nothing" Lyric Video
- Iggy Azalea Unveils 'Reclassified' Album Tracklisting
- New Music: Drake - 'How About Now'
- Watch: Jessie J and Maroon 5 Perform on "X Factor UK"
- Video: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Perform "Cheek to Cheek" Medley on "Strictly Come Dancing"