With confirmation that her upcoming 'new album' will be released in November, Rihanna launched the album's teaser website Rihanna7.com last week, with the number '7' in the domain name assumed to be refering to it being her seventh studio album, but... is there more to it? We found out there is!
The Directlyrics team found substantial clues, giving away the possible complete album title. By going through domain ownership records, we found out that on the same day Rihanna's label Universal Music (the parent company of Def Jam) bought Rihanna7.com, they also took ownership of the following domains:
Our first thoughts on the album title:
- No way Rihanna would simply name her 'new album'...'7' (let's leave that to the likes of Adele or Beyoncé). It'd just be such an 'easy' title for a cheeky pop superstar like Rihanna. You know, the girl that is ‘rated R’, that went from ‘good girl to bad girl’, the one who loves to be ‘loud’ and melts when you ‘talk that talk’ to her.
- By taking inspiration of the fact that the 'Wonders of the Ancient World’ (or the 'New Wonders of the World' as you prefer) are seven, Rihanna gives a cool meaning to her new album’s title. What could this concept imply in the album, though? Is Rihanna planning to only give fans 7 songs on the album? Is the ‘World Wonders’ a concept she’s taking as inspiration for song lyrics? Or is the title ‘Seven World Wonders’ just a way to express her joy for her seven-album career ala Janet Jackson’s ’20 Y.O’? (We like this last one).
- We thought too about the possibility of Rihanna releasing a 'Greatest Hits' album in November making the ‘Seven World Wonders’ title fit so right (hits from her seven ‘wonderful’ albums), but since it’s confirmed that the 'Where Have You Been' star is/has worked with several different producers and song-writers this summer, hence having recorded already a great number of new songs, the option of ‘Greatest Hits' would be weird. (‘Greatest Hits + EP’? ‘Greatest Hits + New Album' bundle? Nah...). Although it’s also weird Rihanna would name her upcoming world tour “Diamonds” when everyone expected the ‘Talk That Tour' tour. How is she going to make this tour work with many songs from 'Talk That Talk' and only a couple of '7WorldWonders'?
- Finaly, we also thought of '7WorldWonders' being some kind of social media campaign as RiRi did last year with the Unlock app on Facebook, but this time is different…Universal has actually bought domains with combinations of 7 + World + Wonders in it, so this looks more formal than a mere marketing campaign for fans.
- Don't believe us? Check it out yourself: rihanna7worldwonders.com.
- Watch: One Direction Performances + Skit on "SNL" 2014
- Bonnie McKee Flaunts Bikini Body In "California Winter" ONE-SHOT Music Video: Watch!
- New Music: Madonna - "Living for Love"
- Got 16 Minutes To Spare? Watch Nicki Minaj's "The Pinkprint Movie" Then
- The Veronicas Strut For Their Lives In "If You Love Someone" Music Video
- Download: French Montana - 'Mac & Cheese: The Appetizer'
- Merry Christmas! Miguel Releases 3 FREE New Songs
- Leona Lewis Teases Amazing Adele-Esque New Song: Watch
- Watch: Rihanna Shoots "Secret" Footage with Fans In Paris
- Interscope Confirms New Ellie Goulding & Carly Rae Jepsen Singles for Early 2015
- Nicki Minaj Talks Jay-Z Inspiring "The Pinkprint" Title on "The View"
- Hear Preview of Lana Del Rey and Her Ex-Boyfriend Barrie O'Neill's Duet "Riverside"
- Lady Gaga Brings "Cheek to Cheek" to "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon": Interview + Performances
- Watch Michael Bublé & Ariana Grande Cover "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" on NBC's "Christmas In New York"
- New Music: Chris Brown & Tyga - 'Ayo'