"Unapologetic" - unwilling to make or express an apology - is the official title of pop star Rihanna's new studio album, her seventh in seven years! The set was announced too for a November 19, 2012 global release on Def Jam Recordings (Universal) by the Bajan singer on Twitter on Thursday (October 11) who also unveiled the *fire* official artwork...a sexy topless picture! Check it out above!
I'm not totally sold on the title yet, but that photo is absolutely amazing. But wouldn't it look better without all the writings (except for "Unapologetic") and a different background color?. Maybe the deluxe cover will be even better. By the way, that tattoo Rihanna got of the Egyptian goddess Isis just below her breasts is so daring but a little work of art. RiRi better not get in bad shape EVER though, cause I don't wanna imagine how that tattoo would look if she had 50 more pounds on her. On the release date, Def Jam made the right choice. November 19 is as of this post clear of all trouble. No big competition for Rihanna that week so scoring the #1 won't be hard. Although, it's just a week after the release of "Take Me Home" by One Direction...but I feel the British boyband will only have 1 week of huge sales and will decline later.
"Unapologetic" is preceded by the lead single "Diamonds", a stunning mid-tempo written by Sia and produced by Benny Blanco and Stargate. "Diamonds" peaked at #18 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at #1 on the R&B/Hip Hop Songs Chart in the week of October 8.
What do you think of the title and cover?
- Listen To 1-Minute Snippet of Ariana Grande's "Be My Baby" Song
- Hunter Hayes - "Tattoo"
- New Music: Neon Hitch - "Yard Sale"
- Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade"
- French Montana - "R&B Bitches"
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"