Directed by Sophie Muller, he (and probably RiRi too) wanted to keep it simple for the "Stay" visual. It simply shows the 24-year-old - completely nude - soaking in a bathtub as she sings the Mikky Ekko-penned heartfelt ballad. A very daring video! But it works for the mood of the song. And bravo to Rihanna too for choosing "Stay" as her next single, especially since everyone was expecting the 'uptempo' one to serve as second single, and of course that 'uptempo' being the David Guetta-produced "Right Now". After Rihanna's performance of the ballad at the 2013 Grammys, "Stay" experienced an impressive surge in digital sales and it's now back in the Top 5 on the American iTunes chart. Get that new ballad hit, Ri!
What do you think of the video?
- New Music: Drake - 'Heat Of The Moment' / 'How About Now'
- New Music: Drake - '6 God'
- Taylor Swift Chats & Shakes It Off on "Alan Carr"
- Taylor Swift - "1989"
- Kiesza - "No Enemiesz"
- New Music: T.I. - 'About The Money'
- One Direction - "Steal My Girl"
- New Music: Lupe Fiasco - 'Haile Selassie'
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Beg for It"
- New Music: Foo Fighters - "The Feast and the Famine"
- Taylor Swift Performs "Out of The Woods" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Watch: Nicki Minaj Stars in 2014 MTV EMA Commercial!
- Tamar Braxton - "Let Me Know"
- Walk The Moon - "Shut Up And Dance"