Directed by Sophie Muller, he (and probably RiRi too) wanted to keep it simple for the "Stay" visual. It simply shows the 24-year-old - completely nude - soaking in a bathtub as she sings the Mikky Ekko-penned heartfelt ballad. A very daring video! But it works for the mood of the song. And bravo to Rihanna too for choosing "Stay" as her next single, especially since everyone was expecting the 'uptempo' one to serve as second single, and of course that 'uptempo' being the David Guetta-produced "Right Now". After Rihanna's performance of the ballad at the 2013 Grammys, "Stay" experienced an impressive surge in digital sales and it's now back in the Top 5 on the American iTunes chart. Get that new ballad hit, Ri!
What do you think of the video?
- Justin Bieber Previews 11 New Songs on Instagram! New Album Ready?
- Hilary Duff Shares "Chasing the Sun" Cover Art & Snippet
- Watch: J. Cole Brings Out Drake at ‘Dollar & a Dream’ Tour Stop in Los Angeles
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fireball"
- Pharrell - "Come Get It Bae"
- Union J - "Tonight "
- New Music: Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Stayin Out All Night'
- New Music: Lights - "Up We Go"
- New Music: T.I. - 'Stay'
- Video: 5 Seconds Of Summer Perform 'Amnesia' on "The Today Show"
- Maroon 5 - "V"
- New Music: OneRepublic - "Ordinary Human"
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Burnin' It Down"
- New Music: August Alsina – ‘No Love’