Directed by Sophie Muller, he (and probably RiRi too) wanted to keep it simple for the "Stay" visual. It simply shows the 24-year-old - completely nude - soaking in a bathtub as she sings the Mikky Ekko-penned heartfelt ballad. A very daring video! But it works for the mood of the song. And bravo to Rihanna too for choosing "Stay" as her next single, especially since everyone was expecting the 'uptempo' one to serve as second single, and of course that 'uptempo' being the David Guetta-produced "Right Now". After Rihanna's performance of the ballad at the 2013 Grammys, "Stay" experienced an impressive surge in digital sales and it's now back in the Top 5 on the American iTunes chart. Get that new ballad hit, Ri!
What do you think of the video?
- DirectLyrics Interviews Lola Blanc: Talks Stage Name Origin, Writing Britney Hit & Upcoming Debut EP
- Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- Alex and Sierra - "It's About Us"
- Lady Antebellum - "747"
- Stream: Tinashe - 'Aquarius'
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Bumpin' The Night"
- Song Premiere: Jason Aldean - "Just Gettin' Started"
- Ed Sheeran Covers Hozier's "Take Me To Church" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Nico & Vinz - "When the Day Comes"
- New Music: You+Me - "Capsized"
- Mila J Shows Off Abs & Twerks In "My Main" Music Video
- Tinashe - "Pretend"
- New Music: The Game - 'Black On Black'
- New Music: Gorgon City - "Go All Night"
- Song Premiere: Jessie J - "Personal"