Pitbull was the musical guest and one of the interviewees on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" on the Tuesday, November 26th episode. Watch video below.
Looking smart in a black suit, during the interview section, the rapper (whose real name is Armando Pérez) discussed with Letterman about his Cuban heritage (how their family got to the U.S), and giving back to Miami (where he was born) by opening a charter school, which he's christened as "S.L.A.M" (Sports Leadership And Management Academy). He also said he's planning on opening more in the next year and half. Bravo to him!
It was a rather interesting watch how he explained his family moved to the U.S escaping from Castro in Cuba and established in Miami, and how he was raised in all kinds of different neighborhoods ("good, bad and the worst") in the sunny Florida city. However, the way he talks about the U.S sort of being the "land of salvation", "freedom" and "bla bla bla" disturbs me a bit. (Not just Pitbull, but other celebs of Latin American background). There are certainly countries with far more freedom than the U.S. Anyway...
Pitbull also performe his new hit single "Timber" (sans Ke$ha unfortunately). The Dr. Luke-produced track is clearly on the rise at the moment.
- New Music: Cheryl - "I Don't Care"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Lola Blanc: Talks Stage Name Origin, Writing Britney Hit & Upcoming Debut EP
- Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- Alex and Sierra - "It's About Us"
- Lady Antebellum - "747"
- Stream: Tinashe - 'Aquarius'
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Bumpin' The Night"
- Song Premiere: Jason Aldean - "Just Gettin' Started"
- Ed Sheeran Covers Hozier's "Take Me To Church" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Nico & Vinz - "When the Day Comes"
- New Music: You+Me - "Capsized"
- Mila J Shows Off Abs & Twerks In "My Main" Music Video
- Tinashe - "Pretend"
- New Music: The Game - 'Black On Black'
- New Music: Gorgon City - "Go All Night"