Pitbull was the musical guest and one of the interviewees on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" on the Tuesday, November 26th episode. Watch video below.
Looking smart in a black suit, during the interview section, the rapper (whose real name is Armando Pérez) discussed with Letterman about his Cuban heritage (how their family got to the U.S), and giving back to Miami (where he was born) by opening a charter school, which he's christened as "S.L.A.M" (Sports Leadership And Management Academy). He also said he's planning on opening more in the next year and half. Bravo to him!
It was a rather interesting watch how he explained his family moved to the U.S escaping from Castro in Cuba and established in Miami, and how he was raised in all kinds of different neighborhoods ("good, bad and the worst") in the sunny Florida city. However, the way he talks about the U.S sort of being the "land of salvation", "freedom" and "bla bla bla" disturbs me a bit. (Not just Pitbull, but other celebs of Latin American background). There are certainly countries with far more freedom than the U.S. Anyway...
Pitbull also performe his new hit single "Timber" (sans Ke$ha unfortunately). The Dr. Luke-produced track is clearly on the rise at the moment.
- Lana Del Rey – 'Ultraviolence'
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Announce North American 2015 Tour on "Ryan Seacrest"
- Watch Kiesza's Captivating 'Street' Performance for 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Nick Jonas - "Chains"
- Video: Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Had A Fight In Ibiza! Blows Thrown?
- Listen To 1-Minute Snippet of Ariana Grande's "Be My Baby" Song
- Hunter Hayes - "Tattoo"
- New Music: Neon Hitch - "Yard Sale"
- Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade"
- French Montana - "R&B Bitches"
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"