Pitbull was the musical guest and one of the interviewees on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" on the Tuesday, November 26th episode. Watch video below.
Looking smart in a black suit, during the interview section, the rapper (whose real name is Armando Pérez) discussed with Letterman about his Cuban heritage (how their family got to the U.S), and giving back to Miami (where he was born) by opening a charter school, which he's christened as "S.L.A.M" (Sports Leadership And Management Academy). He also said he's planning on opening more in the next year and half. Bravo to him!
It was a rather interesting watch how he explained his family moved to the U.S escaping from Castro in Cuba and established in Miami, and how he was raised in all kinds of different neighborhoods ("good, bad and the worst") in the sunny Florida city. However, the way he talks about the U.S sort of being the "land of salvation", "freedom" and "bla bla bla" disturbs me a bit. (Not just Pitbull, but other celebs of Latin American background). There are certainly countries with far more freedom than the U.S. Anyway...
Pitbull also performe his new hit single "Timber" (sans Ke$ha unfortunately). The Dr. Luke-produced track is clearly on the rise at the moment.
- Listen to Ricky Martin's New Single "Adios"
- Stream: Full Studio Version of Azealia Banks' "Chasing Time" Is Out
- Rixton Reveals Cover & Tracklist of Debut Album "Let The Road"
- New Music: You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- Hear 19 Seconds of One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Now!
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances