It appears wherever Selena Gomez goes, drama follows! After catching a long flight from Los Angeles to New York to attend the Adidas NEO Label Fall 2013 Fashion Show - for which Ms Gomez is the new spokesperson - during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City on February 6, the "Hit the Lights" star found herself amidst a BOYCOTT. Selena's duties at the event were, a) increase publicity for the show and brand with her live presence, b) give a speech about the NEO line before the show began, and c) present the whole new Adidas collection and comment the new items with the crowd.
But, what appeared to be an easy job for Justin Bieber's ex-lover turned into a pain in the neck as activists of the USAS (United Students Against Sweatshops) - an organization that fights against unfair labor practices - try to boycott the Adidas event, and Selena Gomez, as collateral damage. What they did? A couple of activists managed to sneak into the fashion show and hand informative leaflets to most of the guests, and interrupt the show by shouting out loud their demands. After being kicked out by security, the USAS members displayed a huge bannger outside the venue before the photographer's lenses.
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Wind and The Wave: On Origins, Getting Signed To RCA & Debut Album!
- Christina Perri - "Burning Gold"
- Listen: Low Quality Version of Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Single Leaks
- Enrique Iglesias Performs "Bailando" & "Hero" on "GMA": Video
- New Music: Brad Paisley - "Cover Girl"
- Sam Smith - "I'm Not The Only One"
- Keyshia Cole - "She"
- Cody Simpson Teases Justin Bieber Collaboration On Instagram: Listen
- New Music: Fat Joe - 'Stressin'
- Mary Lambert - "Secrets"
- Lady Gaga Performs "Dope" For The First Time on "ArtRave" Tour: Watch
- Katy Perry – ‘This Is How We Do’
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Mark Ballas - "Miss Incredible"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Alexandra Stan: On Second Album, New Single "Dance", Speaking Spanish & Romania Tourism!
- New Music: Christina Grimmie - "Must Be Love"