It appears wherever Selena Gomez goes, drama follows! After catching a long flight from Los Angeles to New York to attend the Adidas NEO Label Fall 2013 Fashion Show - for which Ms Gomez is the new spokesperson - during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City on February 6, the "Hit the Lights" star found herself amidst a BOYCOTT. Selena's duties at the event were, a) increase publicity for the show and brand with her live presence, b) give a speech about the NEO line before the show began, and c) present the whole new Adidas collection and comment the new items with the crowd.
But, what appeared to be an easy job for Justin Bieber's ex-lover turned into a pain in the neck as activists of the USAS (United Students Against Sweatshops) - an organization that fights against unfair labor practices - try to boycott the Adidas event, and Selena Gomez, as collateral damage. What they did? A couple of activists managed to sneak into the fashion show and hand informative leaflets to most of the guests, and interrupt the show by shouting out loud their demands. After being kicked out by security, the USAS members displayed a huge bannger outside the venue before the photographer's lenses.
- Listen to Ricky Martin's New Single "Adios"
- Stream: Full Studio Version of Azealia Banks' "Chasing Time" Is Out
- Rixton Reveals Cover & Tracklist of Debut Album "Let The Road"
- New Music: You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- Hear 19 Seconds of One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Now!
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances