Cher Lloyd and/or L.A Reid's Epic Records must've thought the original (UK) edit of the 'Want U Back' music video wasn't 'engaging' enough for the American audience cause they've just premiered a brand new clip through VEVO, aptly titled the 'US version'. BTW, X Factor's Astro has been removed from the final US single edit (yey!). Ms Lloyd will try to crack America with her super-catchy Shellback-produced track 'Want U Back' impacting on radios stateside on May 8th (next week!).
I personally LOVE the song...although I'm not sure it would've been MY first choice for front US single for Cher. I'd have gone with either 'With UR Love' or 'Grow Up'. But hey, L.A Reid (Cher's boss in America) must've had a good reason for picking 'Want U Back'. I mean, yeah, the song is 'instant', very radio-friendly, plus I love to hear it everytime blasting on every H&M, lol. As for the 'new' music video, I think it's cuter, fresher, colorful, and more interesting than the original. Hating myself actually for loving such a simple MV, lol. It's just Cher and her girls hanging out and kicking Cher's ex's butt at an American diner.
Will Cher triumph in America? UK vs US version?
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Them Girls Be Like"
- Jennifer Lopez Visits "Chelsea Lately" / Announces New Iggy Azalea Collaboration on MTV's "House of Style"
- Tinashe Links Up With A$AP Rocky In New Single "Pretend": Listen
- Coldplay - "True Love"
- Jeezy – ‘No Tears’
- New Music: Chris Brown – ‘X’
- Country Heartthrob Hunter Hayes Rocks "The Today Show": Watch
- Jessie J - "Sweet Talker"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Song: Flo Rida - "GDFR"
- Jasmine V - "That’s Me Right There"
- Maroon 5's Future Single "Animals" Featured In New KIA Commercial
- Juicy J – ‘Low’
- Watch The Weeknd's NSFW Music Video for "Often"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Priory: From Selling Their Own Blood to Recording "Weekend" & Signing to Warner