Cher Lloyd and/or L.A Reid's Epic Records must've thought the original (UK) edit of the 'Want U Back' music video wasn't 'engaging' enough for the American audience cause they've just premiered a brand new clip through VEVO, aptly titled the 'US version'. BTW, X Factor's Astro has been removed from the final US single edit (yey!). Ms Lloyd will try to crack America with her super-catchy Shellback-produced track 'Want U Back' impacting on radios stateside on May 8th (next week!).
I personally LOVE the song...although I'm not sure it would've been MY first choice for front US single for Cher. I'd have gone with either 'With UR Love' or 'Grow Up'. But hey, L.A Reid (Cher's boss in America) must've had a good reason for picking 'Want U Back'. I mean, yeah, the song is 'instant', very radio-friendly, plus I love to hear it everytime blasting on every H&M, lol. As for the 'new' music video, I think it's cuter, fresher, colorful, and more interesting than the original. Hating myself actually for loving such a simple MV, lol. It's just Cher and her girls hanging out and kicking Cher's ex's butt at an American diner.
Will Cher triumph in America? UK vs US version?
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances