Miguel calls upon fellow Los Angeles native Kendrick Lamar for an added verse on the official remix of 'How Many Drinks'. The original could be found on Miguel's sophomore effort 'Kaleidoscope Dream' and will now be serving as the third single. Produced by Salaam Remi. Real smooth track right here.
It's been nothing but love between the two rising stars. Miguel told VIBE: "Kendrick is poised to be the next staple in hip-hop [and] I certainly intend on becoming that for R&B, I just feel like he’s just being honest in his music. Newer, younger artists, that’s what we’re all striving to do. Just be ourselves. Kendrick is one of the best examples of that." Surprisingly this is only the first collaboration between the two but I'm sure it'll be the first of many.
If you haven't received your fair share of Miguel this week, check out his recent collaborations with J. Cole and Talib Kweli or catch him performing 'How Many Drinks' on Saturday Night Live later in the week. Purchase 'Kaleidoscope Dream' on Itunes. Listen to the remix below.
Original or Remix?
- New Music: Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Stayin Out All Night'
- New Music: Lights - "Up We Go"
- New Music: T.I. - 'Stay'
- Video: 5 Seconds Of Summer Perform 'Amnesia' on "The Today Show"
- Maroon 5 - "V"
- New Music: OneRepublic - "Ordinary Human"
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Burnin' It Down"
- New Music: August Alsina – ‘No Love’
- YG - 'Bicken Back Bein Bool'
- New Music: Weezer - "Back To The Shack"
- First "2 On" TV Performance! Tinashe Takes Over "The Wendy Williams Show"
- Kanye West Covers GQ Magazine, Talks New Single 'All Day' & Jay Z & Beyonce Missing His Wedding
- New Music: R5 - "Heart Made Up On You"
- Watch Will.i.am's Puzzling "Birthday" Performance on "The Voice Australia"