Miguel calls upon fellow Los Angeles native Kendrick Lamar for an added verse on the official remix of 'How Many Drinks'. The original could be found on Miguel's sophomore effort 'Kaleidoscope Dream' and will now be serving as the third single. Produced by Salaam Remi. Real smooth track right here.
It's been nothing but love between the two rising stars. Miguel told VIBE: "Kendrick is poised to be the next staple in hip-hop [and] I certainly intend on becoming that for R&B, I just feel like he’s just being honest in his music. Newer, younger artists, that’s what we’re all striving to do. Just be ourselves. Kendrick is one of the best examples of that." Surprisingly this is only the first collaboration between the two but I'm sure it'll be the first of many.
If you haven't received your fair share of Miguel this week, check out his recent collaborations with J. Cole and Talib Kweli or catch him performing 'How Many Drinks' on Saturday Night Live later in the week. Purchase 'Kaleidoscope Dream' on Itunes. Listen to the remix below.
Original or Remix?
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"
- Inna - "Good Time"
- New Music: Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- Video: Beyoncé Performs "Blow" on HBO's "Beyonce x10" Special
- Shawn Mendes: "The Shawn Mendes EP"
- New Music: The Script - "It’s Not Right for You"