Miguel calls upon fellow Los Angeles native Kendrick Lamar for an added verse on the official remix of 'How Many Drinks'. The original could be found on Miguel's sophomore effort 'Kaleidoscope Dream' and will now be serving as the third single. Produced by Salaam Remi. Real smooth track right here.
It's been nothing but love between the two rising stars. Miguel told VIBE: "Kendrick is poised to be the next staple in hip-hop [and] I certainly intend on becoming that for R&B, I just feel like he’s just being honest in his music. Newer, younger artists, that’s what we’re all striving to do. Just be ourselves. Kendrick is one of the best examples of that." Surprisingly this is only the first collaboration between the two but I'm sure it'll be the first of many.
If you haven't received your fair share of Miguel this week, check out his recent collaborations with J. Cole and Talib Kweli or catch him performing 'How Many Drinks' on Saturday Night Live later in the week. Purchase 'Kaleidoscope Dream' on Itunes. Listen to the remix below.
Original or Remix?
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances