Miguel calls upon fellow Los Angeles native Kendrick Lamar for an added verse on the official remix of 'How Many Drinks'. The original could be found on Miguel's sophomore effort 'Kaleidoscope Dream' and will now be serving as the third single. Produced by Salaam Remi. Real smooth track right here.
It's been nothing but love between the two rising stars. Miguel told VIBE: "Kendrick is poised to be the next staple in hip-hop [and] I certainly intend on becoming that for R&B, I just feel like he’s just being honest in his music. Newer, younger artists, that’s what we’re all striving to do. Just be ourselves. Kendrick is one of the best examples of that." Surprisingly this is only the first collaboration between the two but I'm sure it'll be the first of many.
If you haven't received your fair share of Miguel this week, check out his recent collaborations with J. Cole and Talib Kweli or catch him performing 'How Many Drinks' on Saturday Night Live later in the week. Purchase 'Kaleidoscope Dream' on Itunes. Listen to the remix below.
Original or Remix?
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Ryan Cabrera - "House On Fire"
- Nicole Scherzinger - "Big Fat Lie"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- Taylor Swift & Olly Murs Perform on "X Factor Australia" Season 6 Finale
- New Music: Calvin Harris - "Outside"
- Union J - "You Got It All"
- Foo Fighters Unveil "Something from Nothing" Lyric Video
- Iggy Azalea Unveils 'Reclassified' Album Tracklisting
- New Music: Drake - 'How About Now'
- Watch: Jessie J and Maroon 5 Perform on "X Factor UK"
- Video: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Perform "Cheek to Cheek" Medley on "Strictly Come Dancing"