Two long years of wait, but it's finally here! Celebrating her 39th birthday, rapper Lil' Kim decided to drop early on July 11 her highly-anticipated, and oft-delayed single "Looks Like Money" as a gift to fans. "Here's just a LITTLE gift from ME to U on MY birthday that U guys have been waiting for", wrote The Queen Bee on Twitter attaching as well a link to download "Looks Like Money" for FREE. Only available during her birthday, so be quick! You'll probably find it downloadable in other websites after this day anyway, but I'm sure it'll make Kim feel better to see a great number of downloads through HER official link so she knows her fans are still there. Plus, in the end, this is a gift from her to us!
"Looks Like Money" was announced back in 2011 by Lil' Kim as her then first single of her fifth studio album. For some reason, that fifth album, the follow-up to 2005's "The Naked Truth", never came. The official release of "Looks Like Money" was cancelled, and the full song was sent to the 'vault of lost music' for the discomfort of fans. Now in 2013, Nicki Minaj's nemesis randomly decides to release "Looks Like Money" in HQ and in its entirety on her B'day. Is it good?. Well, she goes hard on it, with some venomous lyrics going like; "Cash money, that’s so last year/ Now when I do a show, they gotta pay me in gold". It ain't bad - although I'm surprised she was planning to release this as first single of an album as she's recorded better songs, yet the beat is the definition of basic, and the vocal effect gets annoying. She looks sexy on the song cover, though.
Hit or Miss?
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances
- Watch: Eminem Brings Out B.o.B & Royce Da 5'9 At 2014 Music Midtown Festival
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "We Go Hard"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival's Day 1 Performances
- Preview of Fergie's New Single "L.A Love " Leaks
- Pia Mia & Austin Mahone Join Forces for "Fill Me In" Cover: Listen