John Mayer is finally moving past the "Born and Raised" days. The quality on his last studio album, released in early 2012, was marvellous, but the painful side for John was not being able to promote it accordingly due to the throat issues he suffered, and for which the Connecticut singer had to undergo surgery twice, the latter making him cancel an entire tour. So, having stated the fact "Born and Raised" was great, it was appropiate for John to start off a fresh new era, one he can really give his entire support this time.
Although the follow-up album to "Born and Raised" will be hitting stores in the US later this year, most likely in the Fall, via Columbia Records, John Mayer has today given us the audio of the first single entitled "Paper Doll", which you can go buy on iTunes after taking a listen above. "Paper Doll" is a slow, soulful jam. It's a pretty record; the kind you can play as background music in a hot summer night. I wish though John Mayer had released something a little happier or upbeat for a change. Still, this ain't bad at all.
Hit or Miss?
*Updated with official music video premiere below
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances
- New Music: Ariana Grande - "Santa Tell Me"
- New Music: Gwen Stefani - "Spark The Fire"
- Bruno Mars Annihilates SNL with "Uptown Funk": Watch!
- Download: Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid: Shady Classics
- DirectLyrics Interviews The HeavyTrackerz: On UK Chart Success, "Old Habits" & Possible Ed Sheeran Collaboration!
- Listen To Charli XCX's AMAZING Pop-Punk Track "Breaking Up"
- Jessie J Rocks "Burnin' Up" & "Masterpiece" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"
- Beyoncé - '7/11'
- G-Unit - 'Big Body Benz'