John Mayer is finally moving past the "Born and Raised" days. The quality on his last studio album, released in early 2012, was marvellous, but the painful side for John was not being able to promote it accordingly due to the throat issues he suffered, and for which the Connecticut singer had to undergo surgery twice, the latter making him cancel an entire tour. So, having stated the fact "Born and Raised" was great, it was appropiate for John to start off a fresh new era, one he can really give his entire support this time.
Although the follow-up album to "Born and Raised" will be hitting stores in the US later this year, most likely in the Fall, via Columbia Records, John Mayer has today given us the audio of the first single entitled "Paper Doll", which you can go buy on iTunes after taking a listen above. "Paper Doll" is a slow, soulful jam. It's a pretty record; the kind you can play as background music in a hot summer night. I wish though John Mayer had released something a little happier or upbeat for a change. Still, this ain't bad at all.
Hit or Miss?
*Updated with official music video premiere below
- Listen to Ricky Martin's New Single "Adios"
- Stream: Full Studio Version of Azealia Banks' "Chasing Time" Is Out
- Rixton Reveals Cover & Tracklist of Debut Album "Let The Road"
- New Music: You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- Hear 19 Seconds of One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Now!
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances