John Mayer is finally moving past the "Born and Raised" days. The quality on his last studio album, released in early 2012, was marvellous, but the painful side for John was not being able to promote it accordingly due to the throat issues he suffered, and for which the Connecticut singer had to undergo surgery twice, the latter making him cancel an entire tour. So, having stated the fact "Born and Raised" was great, it was appropiate for John to start off a fresh new era, one he can really give his entire support this time.
Although the follow-up album to "Born and Raised" will be hitting stores in the US later this year, most likely in the Fall, via Columbia Records, John Mayer has today given us the audio of the first single entitled "Paper Doll", which you can go buy on iTunes after taking a listen above. "Paper Doll" is a slow, soulful jam. It's a pretty record; the kind you can play as background music in a hot summer night. I wish though John Mayer had released something a little happier or upbeat for a change. Still, this ain't bad at all.
Hit or Miss?
*Updated with official music video premiere below
- New Music: Lights - "Up We Go"
- New Music: T.I. - 'Stay'
- Video: 5 Seconds Of Summer Perform 'Amnesia' on "The Today Show"
- Maroon 5 - "V"
- New Music: OneRepublic - "Ordinary Human"
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Burnin' It Down"
- New Music: August Alsina – ‘No Love’
- YG - 'Bicken Back Bein Bool'
- New Music: Weezer - "Back To The Shack"
- First "2 On" TV Performance! Tinashe Takes Over "The Wendy Williams Show"
- Kanye West Covers GQ Magazine, Talks New Single 'All Day' & Jay Z & Beyonce Missing His Wedding
- New Music: R5 - "Heart Made Up On You"
- Watch Will.i.am's Puzzling "Birthday" Performance on "The Voice Australia"
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa – ‘You And Your Friends’
- Bastille - "Oblivion"