Sanchez rose to fame on the FOX talent show last year when she finished as the runner-up to winner Phillip Phillips. She's without a doubt one the best singers, and talents to come out of the show to date, as homegirl is a major vocal powerhouse, and most importantly has charisma. After Idol, the California girl (who's also very proud of her Filipino heritage) got signed to Interscope Records and has ever since been working hard on her debut album, which we know now will be called "Me, You & the Music" and will hit stores later this year.
The first single is this fun dance song called "Tonight" which features vocal contribution by Ne-Yo. Hmmm, well, it's a good, safe debut single I should say that. However, I'm totally getting into it yet, but could be a grower. It's just that it isn't nothing special, or has anything that could differentiate it from other 'dance songs' out there now. It's a cute song, though. And Interscope and Americal Idol are lining up to give it a great kick-off promotion, and that's good. Jessica's scheduled to perform "Tonight" live on the results show of March 21.
What do you think of the song?
- French Montana - "R&B Bitches"
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"
- Inna - "Good Time"
- New Music: Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- Video: Beyoncé Performs "Blow" on HBO's "Beyonce x10" Special
- Shawn Mendes: "The Shawn Mendes EP"