If your executive producing the soundtrack, why not throw your own track on there as well? That's exactly what Jay-Z does here with '100$ Bill', a record that will be appearing on the deluxe version of 'The Great Gatsby' soundtrack. '100$ Bill' starts off with a sample from Leonardo DiCaprio before Jay-Z comes in with his verses which include plenty of references to Mark Twain, 9/11 Attacks, heroin, and other topics.
'The Great Gatsby' soundtrack is set to hit release on May 7th. Pre-order is available over on itunes. You can watch how these sounds fit the Baz Luhrmann-directed movie in theaters on May 10th. Stream the entire soundtrack over on NPR and take a listen to '100$ Bill' below.
Jay-Z On 'The Great Gatsby' soundtrack:
“It’s not a typical soundtrack, it’s just a stand alone piece. Songs are pretty much in the film, it goes hand-in-hand with each other. It had to fit pretty snug, it wasn’t an after thought, It just really goes to the thing that I’ve always said that music is music no matter what, timeless music is timeless music and it doesn’t matter which genre. So we did a lot of jumping over those lines that people put there.”
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "We Go Hard"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival's Day 1 Performances
- Preview of Fergie's New Single "L.A Love " Leaks
- Pia Mia & Austin Mahone Join Forces for "Fill Me In" Cover: Listen
- Lil Wayne - 'Grindin'
- Broods Exclusive Interview: On Beginnings, Capitol Signing & Debut Album "Evergreen"
- Pitbull - "Fireball"
- New Music: Avicii - "The Nights"
- Full "Eau de Gaga" Commercial Premieres: Watch
- Lady Antebellum - "I Did With You"
- The Veronicas Get Revenge In "You Ruin Me" Music Video
- Jennifer Lopez - 'Booty'
- Gwen Stefani & Rest of "The Voice" Coaches Perform "Hella Good": Watch
- Havana Brown Kidnaps Man In "Better Not Said" Music Video: Watch Premiere
- New Music: Blake Shelton - "Lonely Tonight"