If your executive producing the soundtrack, why not throw your own track on there as well? That's exactly what Jay-Z does here with '100$ Bill', a record that will be appearing on the deluxe version of 'The Great Gatsby' soundtrack. '100$ Bill' starts off with a sample from Leonardo DiCaprio before Jay-Z comes in with his verses which include plenty of references to Mark Twain, 9/11 Attacks, heroin, and other topics.
'The Great Gatsby' soundtrack is set to hit release on May 7th. Pre-order is available over on itunes. You can watch how these sounds fit the Baz Luhrmann-directed movie in theaters on May 10th. Stream the entire soundtrack over on NPR and take a listen to '100$ Bill' below.
Jay-Z On 'The Great Gatsby' soundtrack:
“It’s not a typical soundtrack, it’s just a stand alone piece. Songs are pretty much in the film, it goes hand-in-hand with each other. It had to fit pretty snug, it wasn’t an after thought, It just really goes to the thing that I’ve always said that music is music no matter what, timeless music is timeless music and it doesn’t matter which genre. So we did a lot of jumping over those lines that people put there.”
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Ryan Cabrera - "House On Fire"
- Nicole Scherzinger - "Big Fat Lie"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- Taylor Swift & Olly Murs Perform on "X Factor Australia" Season 6 Finale
- New Music: Calvin Harris - "Outside"
- Union J - "You Got It All"
- Foo Fighters Unveil "Something from Nothing" Lyric Video
- Iggy Azalea Unveils 'Reclassified' Album Tracklisting
- New Music: Drake - 'How About Now'
- Watch: Jessie J and Maroon 5 Perform on "X Factor UK"
- Video: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Perform "Cheek to Cheek" Medley on "Strictly Come Dancing"