She won 'The Voice USA' season 4 only three weeks ago, but 16-year-old Danielle Bradbery already has her debut single out! Get your exclusive first listen of the country music sweetheart's new song "The Heart of Dixie" below.
Co-written and co-produced by Brett James, Troy Verges and Caitlyn Smith (a threesome who have helmed a few hits for the likes of; Jason Aldean, Hunter Hayes or Cassadee Pope), "The Heart of Dixie" is a nothing-out-of-the-ordinary tenderly-executed country ballad where Danielle sings lyrics about a fed-up, uncared-for wife who decides to leave her dud husband. Now here comes the awkward part. How are we supposed to be convinced by, and connect to a storyline sung by a 16-year-old girl who obviously hasn't experienced these type of situations yet?.
I think Republic Nashville/Big Machine - Danielle's label - have made a huge mistake by rushing the release of her debut single. For instance, last year's The Voice winner Cassadee Pope took six months to put a single out. And she found a great song. In contrast, Danielle Bradbery is new to the business, and has been given a song that doesn't really go along well with her. She's in theory an artist whose target audience are adolescents, and recording a song about 'a neglected wife leaving his loser husband' isn't the best way to connect with teenagers, lol. Anyway, here's hoping there will be other 'type' of songs on Danielle's forthcoming debut album, which at the pace that Republic Nashville/Big Machine are handling her career, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in stores before the summer ends. "The Heart of Dixie" hits iTunes on July 16th.
Hit or Miss?
- Download: French Montana - 'Mac & Cheese: The Appetizer'
- Merry Christmas! Miguel Releases 3 FREE New Songs
- Leona Lewis Teases Amazing Adele-Esque New Song: Watch
- Watch: Rihanna Shoots "Secret" Footage with Fans In Paris
- Interscope Confirms New Ellie Goulding & Carly Rae Jepsen Singles for Early 2015
- Nicki Minaj Talks Jay-Z Inspiring "The Pinkprint" Title on "The View"
- Hear Preview of Lana Del Rey and Her Ex-Boyfriend Barrie O'Neill's Duet "Riverside"
- Lady Gaga Brings "Cheek to Cheek" to "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon": Interview + Performances
- Watch Michael Bublé & Ariana Grande Cover "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" on NBC's "Christmas In New York"
- New Music: Chris Brown & Tyga - 'Ayo'
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Smoke Chambers'
- Surprise: Kendrick Lamar Is Interviewed, Performs Brand New Song on "Colbert Report"
- Nicki Minaj Talks Unflattering High School Photo In Interview, Slays "Bed of Lies" on "Jimmy Fallon"
- Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Meghan Trainor & More Stars Perform on "The Voice" Season 7 Grand Finale
- Austin Mahone Drops Free New Song "Waiting For This Love": Stream or Download Now!