2 Chainz promised a new single on Twitter earlier this week and he stays true to his word with the release of 'Where U Been?'. The hard hitting track is produced by Mike Will Made It and will be appearing on his upcoming sophomore album 'B.O.A.T.S 2: Me Time'. Just like the previous single 'Feds Watching', 2 Chainz gets feature help but this time from his own artist Cap 1.
As you may have noticed, the sound of 'Feds Watching' and 'Where U Been?' differs than what we heard from 2 Chainz' singles on his debut last year. The Atlanta native explained his direction with 'B.O.A.T.S 2: Me Time' to Power 105's DJ Self recently: “It’s all about showing growth and maturation. It’s supposed to be better than the last time, I’m coming with a new album, a new way of life…I wanted to show progression on this album I wanted to show prosperity.”
'B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time' is scheduled to hit stores on September 10th. Those who purchase the deluxe version of the album will also be receiving a 2 Chainz cookbook (Yes, a cookbook). Take a listen to 'Where U Been?' below.
- New Music: The Game - 'Black On Black'
- New Music: Gorgon City - "Go All Night"
- Song Premiere: Jessie J - "Personal"
- Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Music: Lorde - "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Watch: Lil Kim Interview With The Breakfast Club
- Ed Sheeran & The Veronicas Perform on "The X Factor Australia"
- World Premiere: Maroon 5 - 'Animals'
- Aretha Franklin Covers Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" - Listen Now!
- New Music: Tinashe - "Bet"
- World Premiere: Fergie - "L.A Love "
- New Music: Carrie Underwood - "Something in the Water"
- World Premiere: One Direction - "Steal My Girl"
- Beyoncé Joins Jay-Z for "Holy Grail" & "Young Forever" Performances at Global Citizen Festival
- Ariana Grande Sings "Break Free" & "Love Me Harder" on SNL + Skit