Puerto Rican reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel announced early last year they were taking a a new hiatus (first was ten years ago) to launch new solo projects. Yandel released in late 2013 his second solo album "De Lider A Leyenda", and 2014 will see Wisin releasing his own second album "El Regreso del Sobreviviente". I don't really get this seperation, honestly. It's like LMFAO. They're stronger together.
Wisin's new album's first single is called "Adrenalina" and it features Ricky Martin and Jennifer Lopez. So you know success is inevitable. "Adrenalina" hit iTunes today, February 18th. This is so going No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Latin Songs.
The ridiculous, star-studded collaboration is an upbeat track that's not exactly reggaeton. Just a party-ready song with Latin music influences. The only reggaeton-esque part is Wisin's rap part which is, by the way, completely atrocious. Where did he learn Spanish? Ricky and Jennifer steal the show in "Adrenalina". I see a nice strategy releasing this before the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil this summer. The intro is very "stadium soccer-ish", huh? Maybe Wisin is pissed he wasn't asked to record the official song for the World Cup this year (an "honor" given to Pitbull ...) so he recorded himself his own World Cup-ish song. I like energy of the track, and I've said, Ricky and Jennifer's parts too.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Neon Hitch - "Yard Sale"
- Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade"
- French Montana - "R&B Bitches"
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"
- Inna - "Good Time"
- New Music: Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"