TLC will be releasing next week (October 15th) a new greatest hits album, named "20" (celebrating the 20-plus existence of the best-selling girl group in history. R.I.P Left Eye). The set will include thirteen of TLC's biggest songs plus one new track, "Meant To Be", penned by Ne-Yo. This is the song that's been released through VEVO today, in order to build hype for the almost-upon us release of "20".
Love these girls to death, but do you really think "20" will sell?. They're also said to be working in the studio on a full album with all-new material, thanks to their renewed deal with Sony, to be released in 2014. Why don't wait till then to make a re-appearance in the music market?. I fear "20" will be a flop. They're actually making the "20" album release sort of coincide with the premiere of the TLC VH1 biopic "CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story" which premieres on TV on October 21. Shouldn't the CD come out after, though?.
As for the only new song on "20", "Meant To Be" (Lady Gaga's "Posh Life" was scrapped. Say what!?), it's a nice R&B ballad with tender lyrics. Ne-Yo's creation actually sounds like a TLC song from back in the day. So props to him!. Do I love "Meant To Be", though?. I don't hate it, but it's not a "wow" song. I do have to say Chilli sounds great in it!
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances