The veteran country singer premiered today (January 13) the first single from his upcoming thirteenth studio album, due in stores later in 2014 via Big Machine Records. Co-written and co-produced by James Slater, Chris Tompkins and Mark Irwin, "Lookin' For That Girl" is the ultimate cheesy country song with a twist. If Luke Bryan brought “evolution” to the country genre mixing it with rap, Tim McGraw’s ace under his sleeve is…”autotune”. Yeah, "Lookin' For That Girl" is infested with it. And, at least, in my humble opinion, it sounds horrible. The song itself is bad, so cheesy, and not something the 46-year-old singer should be recording at this point of his career , but the auto-tune used on it makes things catastrophically worse. Then again, I repeat, if “That’s My Kinda Night” slayed the charts, why can’t "Lookin' For That Girl" too?.
"Lookin' For That Girl" won’t be released on iTunes until January 21, but you can listen to the song in its entirety right now clicking on the link below.
Hit or Miss?
[audio removed on request]
- New Music: Rita Ora - "Grateful"
- Tyga Covers VIBE, Calls Drake “Fake” & Says “I Don’t Really Get Along With Nicki”
- Cobra Starship - "Never Been In Love"
- Pitbull Hangs Out with Adorable Penguins in "Celebrate" Music Video
- New Music: Bastille - "Torn Apart"
- New Music: Sia - "You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Style"
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'
- T.I. - 'Paperwork'
- Gwen Stefani - "Baby Don't Lie"
- Tulisa Drops Flawless Kiesza-esque Single "Living Without You": Listen
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- OneRepublic Cover George Ezra's "Budapest" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Preview: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Just Saying"
- New Music: Danity Kane - "All In A Day's Work"