The veteran country singer premiered today (January 13) the first single from his upcoming thirteenth studio album, due in stores later in 2014 via Big Machine Records. Co-written and co-produced by James Slater, Chris Tompkins and Mark Irwin, "Lookin' For That Girl" is the ultimate cheesy country song with a twist. If Luke Bryan brought “evolution” to the country genre mixing it with rap, Tim McGraw’s ace under his sleeve is…”autotune”. Yeah, "Lookin' For That Girl" is infested with it. And, at least, in my humble opinion, it sounds horrible. The song itself is bad, so cheesy, and not something the 46-year-old singer should be recording at this point of his career , but the auto-tune used on it makes things catastrophically worse. Then again, I repeat, if “That’s My Kinda Night” slayed the charts, why can’t "Lookin' For That Girl" too?.
"Lookin' For That Girl" won’t be released on iTunes until January 21, but you can listen to the song in its entirety right now clicking on the link below.
Hit or Miss?
[audio removed on request]
- David Guetta Interview + Kiesza "Hideaway" Performance on "Alan Carr: Chatty Man": Watch!
- New Usher Song "Cuz We Can" Appears Online: Listen!
- And The MØ Snub Continues! Iggy Azalea Performs "Beg for It" Solo On "Jimmy Fallon"
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'