The veteran country singer premiered today (January 13) the first single from his upcoming thirteenth studio album, due in stores later in 2014 via Big Machine Records. Co-written and co-produced by James Slater, Chris Tompkins and Mark Irwin, "Lookin' For That Girl" is the ultimate cheesy country song with a twist. If Luke Bryan brought “evolution” to the country genre mixing it with rap, Tim McGraw’s ace under his sleeve is…”autotune”. Yeah, "Lookin' For That Girl" is infested with it. And, at least, in my humble opinion, it sounds horrible. The song itself is bad, so cheesy, and not something the 46-year-old singer should be recording at this point of his career , but the auto-tune used on it makes things catastrophically worse. Then again, I repeat, if “That’s My Kinda Night” slayed the charts, why can’t "Lookin' For That Girl" too?.
"Lookin' For That Girl" won’t be released on iTunes until January 21, but you can listen to the song in its entirety right now clicking on the link below.
Hit or Miss?
[audio removed on request]
- Video: Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Had A Fight In Ibiza! Blows Thrown?
- Listen To 1-Minute Snippet of Ariana Grande's "Be My Baby" Song
- Hunter Hayes - "Tattoo"
- New Music: Neon Hitch - "Yard Sale"
- Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade"
- French Montana - "R&B Bitches"
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"