The veteran country singer premiered today (January 13) the first single from his upcoming thirteenth studio album, due in stores later in 2014 via Big Machine Records. Co-written and co-produced by James Slater, Chris Tompkins and Mark Irwin, "Lookin' For That Girl" is the ultimate cheesy country song with a twist. If Luke Bryan brought “evolution” to the country genre mixing it with rap, Tim McGraw’s ace under his sleeve is…”autotune”. Yeah, "Lookin' For That Girl" is infested with it. And, at least, in my humble opinion, it sounds horrible. The song itself is bad, so cheesy, and not something the 46-year-old singer should be recording at this point of his career , but the auto-tune used on it makes things catastrophically worse. Then again, I repeat, if “That’s My Kinda Night” slayed the charts, why can’t "Lookin' For That Girl" too?.
"Lookin' For That Girl" won’t be released on iTunes until January 21, but you can listen to the song in its entirety right now clicking on the link below.
Hit or Miss?
[audio removed on request]
- Watch: J. Cole Brings Out Drake at ‘Dollar & a Dream’ Tour Stop in Los Angeles
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fireball"
- Pharrell - "Come Get It Bae"
- Union J - "Tonight "
- New Music: Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Stayin Out All Night'
- New Music: Lights - "Up We Go"
- New Music: T.I. - 'Stay'
- Video: 5 Seconds Of Summer Perform 'Amnesia' on "The Today Show"
- Maroon 5 - "V"
- New Music: OneRepublic - "Ordinary Human"
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Burnin' It Down"
- New Music: August Alsina – ‘No Love’
- YG - 'Bicken Back Bein Bool'
- New Music: Weezer - "Back To The Shack"