After announcing the sad news to fans that their new album "Word of Mouth" would be pushed back from its original September 2013 release date to November 4th, British boyband The Wanted look to mitigate their fans' anger by delivering a brand new single. The ballad "Show Me Love" was exclusively premiered this morning on Capital FM and will be available on iTunes UK on October 20th. Listen to a radio rip above!
Of "Show Me Love", The Wanted member Nathan Sykes said; "It started with me writing a simple piano ballad and has ended up incorporating a 14 piece string orchestra! We are so excited for people to hear this song as we feel it really shows a completely new side to The Wanted". "Show Me Love" sounds like a dated boyband slow song. And it's not good. I'm trying to 'get it' but I can't. The chorus is not entirely awful, but the track as a whole is 'meh'. After the chart, and sales disaster "We Own The Night" was (peaked at #10 in the UK which is pretty bad there), I cannot comprehend why would The Wanted release a dire song like "Show Me Love" as follow-up. They need a proper smash and they need it now! Otherwise, "Word of Mouth" is going to flop big time.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances