It's been a tough past 48 hours for family, friends, and fans of 'Fast & Furious' star Paul Walker. The California-born actor tragically passed away in a car crash in the city of Valenica, CA this past weekend. Alongside Paul sat his friend and business partner Roger Rodus who also died in the devastating accident.
One of the many grieving includes Wu-tang leader and producer RZA who has called upon help from singer Will Wells to craft up a tribute record titled 'Destiny Bends'. RZA also attached a paragraph with a heartfelt message and a end note which reads "This song is not for criticism, it's just a sketch demo. Please enjoy and reflect."
Take a listen to 'Destiny Bends' and read RZA's message in full below. May both rest easy.
This song, entitled “Destiny Bends” was written last night after hearing the tragic news of the loss of a good man named Paul Walker. I met Paul on the set of the film Brick Mansion, where we talked, laughed, and exchanged ideas of life and fatherhood. I only knew him personally for less than a year, but we knew each other through our work and art. We saw in each other a kindred spirit of men coming from unlikely circumstances, and rising to be the light and beacon of our family and loved ones. Men who learned the joy and pains of love in life, and success, while coming to realize that nothing is more important than family, friendship, and the brotherhood of humanity. Millions of people get to know an artist or movie star through their work, but few are allowed to cross each others’ paths and see through the veil of stardom and find the common denominator that we share. As all physical things will decay and wither away, film, art, and music remain longer than the vessel that delivered them. In this vein, the one thing we can’t take away or give back is time. So, thus, time is the most precious gift. I dedicated my time to compose this song with my two sons and new friend Will Wells, who was kind enough to sing and perform it for me. We dedicate it to Paul Walker. A good man. We had plans to continue working with each other in the future. It seemed destined, but “destiny bends”.
*Note* This song is not for criticism, it’s just a sketch demo. Please enjoy and reflect.
Your comrade in the struggle,RZA
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Listen: K. Michelle Premieres Heartbreaker Anthem "Love 'Em All"
- Jason Aldean Gets Racy On "Gonna Know We Were Here"
- Video: Barbra Streisand Performs "Partners" Songs on "Jimmy Fallon"
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Make "Nature Boy" Their Own: Listen
- August Alsina & Nicki Minaj Have Awkward Chemistry In "No Love" Remix Music Video
- New Music & Video: Rick Ross - 'Elvis Presley BLVD'
- Tinashe Gets Sexy In The New Track "Feels Like Vegas": Listen
- Jennifer Hudson Wastes Iggy Azalea Collab / Listen To "He Ain't Goin' Nowhere" In Full
- Alicia Keys Explains & Performs "We Are Here" on "The Today Show"
- 6 Things You Need To Know About One Direction's New Single Before It's Here
- Roc Nation's Alexa Goddard Premieres Lively "So There" Music Video
- Chris Brown Drops "Tuesday" & "Made Me" Remixes Featuring Trey Songz: Listen
- Listen: Miley Cyrus Covers Led Zeppelin's "Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You" and Succeeds!
- Watch: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett's One-Hour HSN "Cheek to Cheek" Special