Rixton's debut album keeps getting interesting and interesting. There are many sides to the UK pop/rock group. If their first single "Make Out" sounded goofy, and possibly too-bubblegum for many tastes, (and let's just skip its side-eye worthy music video), Rixton's second single "Me and My Broken Heart" is the complete opposite. True it's still pop/rock, but a more intelligent kind of pop/rock. It's radio-friendly, it's well-produced (Benny Blanco again?), the melody in the chorus is really pleasant (it sounds familiar, though) and overall the construction of "Me and My Broken Heart" feels right. It is a bit "dated" sounding? Perhaps, but I don't think it's something radios will refuse to play.
Rixton's new single was world premiered last night (Feb. 19) on Los Angeles' KIISS FM on JoJo's Top 9@9 show. Scooter Braun is really trying to make the UK's foursome happen. Good. "Make Out" was totally overseen by US radio (there was no real "major" promo though), so let's see if "Me and My Broken Heart" can have a better run.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Chris Brown - 'Don't Panic'
- New Music: Chris Brown - "No Lights"
- Song Premiere: Jordin Sparks - "I Wish We'd All Been Ready"
- Tinashe - "Aquarius"
- New Music: Cheryl - "I Don't Care"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Lola Blanc: Talks Stage Name Origin, Writing Britney Hit & Upcoming Debut EP
- Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- Alex and Sierra - "It's About Us"
- Lady Antebellum - "747"
- Stream: Tinashe - 'Aquarius'
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Bumpin' The Night"
- Song Premiere: Jason Aldean - "Just Gettin' Started"
- Ed Sheeran Covers Hozier's "Take Me To Church" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Nico & Vinz - "When the Day Comes"
- New Music: You+Me - "Capsized"