It's the return of Miss Paris Hilton to the music scene! Are you prepared?. Listen below to her new single "Good Time", featuring Lil' Wayne and produced by Dutch DJ Afrojack. The dance-pop song is the first offering from the socialite-turned-songbird's upcoming sophomore album (but first with new label, Cash Money Records), in stores most likely in early 2014. "Good Time" was supposed to receive its audio premiere, alongside the premiere of its music video, on October 8th (the same day Paris' new single hits iTunes) but a leak has messed up the original plan. Instead, listen to "Good Time" right now!
Well, it's no "Stars Are Blind", that's for sure. Do I hate it?. I thought it would be better. There are things about it I like, though. Afrojack's beat is definitely hot. However, the whole structure of "Good Time" is weird. Are there two different hooks/choruses?. I just don't get those distinctly different sounds in the song. It takes the hype and build away. Also, Lil' Wayne's added verse just don't make sense in the song. It's obvious Birdman wanted to properly baptise Paris into the Cash Money family by making this collaboration with Young Money boss Lil' Wayne happen, but it's a wrong duet.
So. The beat is hot. The hooks are, individually, not bad, kind of catchy, yet the whole song as is, is a bit of a mess, and the "paparazzi" verse is awful. Not the most clever return to the music business, but I think a decent charting on the Billboard Dance/Club Songs is possible. Also, I've got the feeling the music video will help some.
Hit or Miss?
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances
- Watch: Eminem Brings Out B.o.B & Royce Da 5'9 At 2014 Music Midtown Festival
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "We Go Hard"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival's Day 1 Performances
- Preview of Fergie's New Single "L.A Love " Leaks
- Pia Mia & Austin Mahone Join Forces for "Fill Me In" Cover: Listen