Given the chart failure of his pure R&B ballad "Lazy Love", no surprise Ne-Yo has decided to release the oh-so-opposite DANCE ballad "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)" as the second single off his upcoming fifth studio album "R.E.D", scheduled to hit US stores next September 18th through Universal Motown. Listen to the HQ audio of Ne-Yo's new song clicking the 'play' button above!
For a minute I thought this was going to be another pure R&B ballad, but then I said to myself; "Ne-Yo can't be that stupid" ....and that proved to be right, 'because "Let Me Love You" turned out to be a pretty enjoyable DANCE ballad. The song started quite dull for me actually, but then the chorus kicked in and I loved it. Still, I was expecting Ne-Yo (fully aware of the huge mistake "Lazy Love" was, and the fact R&B ain't selling nowadays) to come out with a banger uptempo for the summer, a la 'Closer', or his collaboration with Calvin Harris "Let's Go"...OK, maybe this would've shocked Ne-Yo's loyal fanbase a lot, but a new "Closer" would've been good then! Anyway, "Let Me Love You" is a start. It MIGHT be a Top 40 hit.
What do you think of 'Let Me Love You'?
- Ed Sheeran Covers Hozier's "Take Me To Church" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Nico & Vinz - "When the Day Comes"
- New Music: You+Me - "Capsized"
- Mila J Shows Off Abs & Twerks In "My Main" Music Video
- Tinashe - "Pretend"
- New Music: The Game - 'Black On Black'
- New Music: Gorgon City - "Go All Night"
- Song Premiere: Jessie J - "Personal"
- Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Music: Lorde - "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Watch: Lil Kim Interview With The Breakfast Club
- Ed Sheeran & The Veronicas Perform on "The X Factor Australia"
- World Premiere: Maroon 5 - 'Animals'
- Aretha Franklin Covers Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" - Listen Now!
- New Music: Tinashe - "Bet"