Here it is! The official song for the 2012 London Olympics, and also the lead single from Muse's upcoming album "The 2nd Law", which hits stores worldwide on September 17! "Survival" premiered via BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe show on Wednesday night (June 27)...Listen above! If I had to find one word to describe Muse's new single it would be....*lemme think*...*oh yeah*...orgasmic! It could do without the boring 1:30-minute long intro though! By the way, it's true. "Survival" sounds very similar to Queen, but that can't be a bad thing, right? The song is a big anthem, and totally fits the Olympics spirit. Frontman Matthew Bellamy said he wrote the song with the games in mind. "It's about total conviction and pure determination to win.". I wonder how the song will perform commercially though? I just read somewhere that "Survival", 'will be played throughout the Games including when athletes enter the stadium, in the lead up to the medal ceremony and also as the theme for all international TV coverage', so this will definitely push the single's digital sales (first week-only most likely) translating in good chart peaks, but in the long run, I just see "Survival" dropping fast. But that's just my thoughts. Anyway, you be the judge!
What do you think of 'Survival'?
- Enrique Iglesias Lip-Syncs In Debut US TV Performance of "Bailando" on "Got Talent"
- 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Amnesia"
- New Music: Chance The Rapper – 'Wonderful Everyday: Arthur'
- Lana Del Rey – 'Ultraviolence'
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Announce North American 2015 Tour on "Ryan Seacrest"
- Watch Kiesza's Captivating 'Street' Performance for 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Nick Jonas - "Chains"
- Video: Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Had A Fight In Ibiza! Blows Thrown?
- Listen To 1-Minute Snippet of Ariana Grande's "Be My Baby" Song
- Hunter Hayes - "Tattoo"
- New Music: Neon Hitch - "Yard Sale"
- Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade"
- French Montana - "R&B Bitches"
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"