Following the recent promotional track "Make You Happy", British singer-songwriter Mika gives fans now the official first single from his forthcoming third studio album "The Origin of Love", which is scheduled for release next September 16th, 2012 via Universal Republic! Produced by Empire of the Sun's Nick Littlemore, and featuring guest vocals by N.E.R.D's Pharell Williams, "Celebrate" is an uplifting upbeat pop record, reminiscent of the party club songs of the late 70s and 80s, in which Mika gives his trademark falsetto a rest for a change, and shows us his 'natural' voice taking it down a few octaves.
It's not terrible, but I never thought Mika would go on this direction..."Celebrate" is very generic. I know I'll play it now, and probably will listen to it tomorrow too, but after that, I'm sure it'll fall into quick oblivion. Mika's new single has nothing exciting about, you know. I think I even liked the buzz cut "Make You Happy" better, lol. Anyway, maybe a super cool music video can help!
Does Mika has anything to 'Celebrate'?
- Listen: Eminem Interview On Shade 45, Talks 'The Monster' Tour
- Beyoncé Wraps Up HBO Special With "XO" Performance
- Listen: Inna Wants The Lights Turned Down "Low" In New Song
- Video: Maroon 5 Perform "V" Songs On "The Today Show"
- RedFoo & Paloma Faith Perform New Singles on "The X Factor Australia"
- New Music: Jessie Ware - "Want Your Feeling"
- Full Songs: Adele - "You'll Never See Me Again" & "Never Gonna Leave You"
- Listen: Long Snippet of Unreleased Adele Song "You'll Never See Me Again" Leaks
- Meghan Trainor Releases "Title" EP Cover Art & Preview of New Song!
- Alex & Sierra Hit The Beach Again To Sing "Bumper Cars" In Acoustic Mode
- Watch Jason Aldean's Steamy Music Video For "Burnin' It Down"
- Ariana Grande Performs "Bang Bang" ALONE & "Break Your Heart Right Back” on "The Today Show"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Inna - "Low"
- Katy Perry's New Friend Riff Raff Calls Sam Smith A "Chubby Little F*ck"
- Ed Sheeran Performs "Don't" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' / Talks Elton John & Courteney Cox