Following the recent promotional track "Make You Happy", British singer-songwriter Mika gives fans now the official first single from his forthcoming third studio album "The Origin of Love", which is scheduled for release next September 16th, 2012 via Universal Republic! Produced by Empire of the Sun's Nick Littlemore, and featuring guest vocals by N.E.R.D's Pharell Williams, "Celebrate" is an uplifting upbeat pop record, reminiscent of the party club songs of the late 70s and 80s, in which Mika gives his trademark falsetto a rest for a change, and shows us his 'natural' voice taking it down a few octaves.
It's not terrible, but I never thought Mika would go on this direction..."Celebrate" is very generic. I know I'll play it now, and probably will listen to it tomorrow too, but after that, I'm sure it'll fall into quick oblivion. Mika's new single has nothing exciting about, you know. I think I even liked the buzz cut "Make You Happy" better, lol. Anyway, maybe a super cool music video can help!
Does Mika has anything to 'Celebrate'?
- Walk The Moon - "Shut Up And Dance"
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Fooo Conspiracy: Talk Coming to the U.S, New Music & Justin Bieber!
- Kiesza Makes "GMA" Debut with "Hideaway" Performance
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Iggy Szn"
- Jessie J, Nicole Scherzinger & Ella Eyre Perform at 2014 MOBO Awards: Watch
- Jordin Sparks Previews New Songs at Salaam Remi Showcase / 3rd Album Out Early 2015?
- J. Cole Jumps On Jessie Ware's "Kind of...Sometimes...Maybe" Remix: Listen
- New Music: Rita Ora - "Grateful"
- Tyga Covers VIBE, Calls Drake “Fake” & Says “I Don’t Really Get Along With Nicki”
- Cobra Starship - "Never Been In Love"
- Pitbull Hangs Out with Adorable Penguins in "Celebrate" Music Video
- New Music: Bastille - "Torn Apart"
- New Music: Sia - "You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Style"
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'