Elton John's 7th studio album 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' was released back in 1973 and now 40 years later on March 25th the critically claimed project is set to get a reissue. Those who purchase the deluxe version and box set version will receive new versions of certain classic tracks from the album. One of the tracks recreated comes courtesy of Miguel and Wale who take on Elton John's popular 'Bennie And The Jets' track.
'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' is being fully remastered and will be accessible for purchase via digital copies, CDS, Vinyl, limited-edition yellow Vinyl, and box sets. The box set will include recordings of “Live at Hammersmith 1973” on CD, a DVD of Bryan Forbes’ 1973 film 'Elton John and Bernie Taupin Say Goodbye to Norma Jean and Other Thing', 100-page illustrated hardback book filled with rare photos, and a new essay containing interviews of Elton John.
Other artists who contribute to covering songs on the reissue of 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' include names like Ed Sheeran, Emeli Sandé, Fall Out Boy, Hunter Hayes, Imelda May, John Grant, The Band Perry, and Zac Brown Band. Take a listen to Miguel and Wale's version of 'Bennie And The Jets' below.
- Lady Antebellum - "747"
- Stream: Tinashe - 'Aquarius'
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Bumpin' The Night"
- Song Premiere: Jason Aldean - "Just Gettin' Started"
- Ed Sheeran Covers Hozier's "Take Me To Church" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Nico & Vinz - "When the Day Comes"
- New Music: You+Me - "Capsized"
- Mila J Shows Off Abs & Twerks In "My Main" Music Video
- Tinashe - "Pretend"
- New Music: The Game - 'Black On Black'
- New Music: Gorgon City - "Go All Night"
- Song Premiere: Jessie J - "Personal"
- Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Music: Lorde - "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Watch: Lil Kim Interview With The Breakfast Club