The new single of New Zealand-born singer Lorde entitled "Team" has recently surfaced online. The track will appear on her much-anticipated debut album "Pure Heroine", in stores September 27th. Listen to "Team" below.
"Team" will be the official follow-up to the smash hit "Royals", in the US. "Royals" is still hot in America, though, having climbed 5 spots on the Top 40 radio chart this past week, and peaking, to date, at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100. Lorde should hold on a bit before fully promoting "Team" in the States. Let "Royal" reach its highest peak first, right?.
On the new single "Team", Lorde told Billboard.com; "In that song, there are a few lines which are kind of me being the 'realistic' pop star: "We live in cities you'll never see onscreen," which is like, no one comes to New Zealand, no one knows anything about New Zealand, and here I am, trying to grow up and become a person. I've been countering that with going to New York and seeing this place that's in every movie and every TV show. Part of me wanted to go back to writing for me and for my friends, and write something that I felt related to us a little bit".
Hit or Miss?
*Official YouTube Audio*
- New Music: Chris Brown – ‘X’
- Country Heartthrob Hunter Hayes Rocks "The Today Show": Watch
- Jessie J - "Sweet Talker"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Song: Flo Rida - "GDFR"
- Jasmine V - "That’s Me Right There"
- Maroon 5's Future Single "Animals" Featured In New KIA Commercial
- Juicy J – ‘Low’
- Watch The Weeknd's NSFW Music Video for "Often"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Priory: From Selling Their Own Blood to Recording "Weekend" & Signing to Warner
- Broods - "Evergreen"
- New Music: Ed Sheeran - "Everything You Are"
- Listen to Ariana Grande's Raciest Song Yet "Hands on Me" In Full Now!
- New Music: Alexandra Stan - "Give Me Your Everything"
- New Music: T.I. - 'New National Anthem'