Lana del Rey gave BBC Radio 1 the authorization to be the first radio in the world to play her brand new single "West Coast" on Monday, April 14th. The beautiful ballad is the official lead single from the NYC singer's forthcoming second studio album called "Ultraviolence" (Interscope). The album is expected to come out on May 1st (More info).
She only previewed a few seconds of "West Coast" at her live concerts in Las Vegas and Coachella over the weekend, as Lana wanted the full thing to be heard only 'til today. Was the wait worth it? Listen now to "West Coast" below and you be the judge!
Review: Standard Lana del Rey flawless jam. "Down in the West Coast, they got a saying/If you're not drinking, then you're not playing", sings the 27-year-old singer in the first verse of the moody "West Coast". The ballad is both baroque pop and a little rock. Lana's mesmerizing nostalgic singing will definitely make you want to listen to "West Coast" in its entirety non-stop. Lana reveals for us some of the clichés, and customs in the golden coast in the lyrics. We can't wait to fly to L.A, make our way to a deserted beach and lied down on our beach hair listen to beautiful "West Coast" at sunrise.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Lights - "Up We Go"
- New Music: T.I. - 'Stay'
- Video: 5 Seconds Of Summer Perform 'Amnesia' on "The Today Show"
- Maroon 5 - "V"
- New Music: OneRepublic - "Ordinary Human"
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Burnin' It Down"
- New Music: August Alsina – ‘No Love’
- YG - 'Bicken Back Bein Bool'
- New Music: Weezer - "Back To The Shack"
- First "2 On" TV Performance! Tinashe Takes Over "The Wendy Williams Show"
- Kanye West Covers GQ Magazine, Talks New Single 'All Day' & Jay Z & Beyonce Missing His Wedding
- New Music: R5 - "Heart Made Up On You"
- Watch Will.i.am's Puzzling "Birthday" Performance on "The Voice Australia"
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa – ‘You And Your Friends’
- Bastille - "Oblivion"