Lana del Rey gave BBC Radio 1 the authorization to be the first radio in the world to play her brand new single "West Coast" on Monday, April 14th. The beautiful ballad is the official lead single from the NYC singer's forthcoming second studio album called "Ultraviolence" (Interscope). The album is expected to come out on May 1st (More info).
She only previewed a few seconds of "West Coast" at her live concerts in Las Vegas and Coachella over the weekend, as Lana wanted the full thing to be heard only 'til today. Was the wait worth it? Listen now to "West Coast" below and you be the judge!
Review: Standard Lana del Rey flawless jam. "Down in the West Coast, they got a saying/If you're not drinking, then you're not playing", sings the 27-year-old singer in the first verse of the moody "West Coast". The ballad is both baroque pop and a little rock. Lana's mesmerizing nostalgic singing will definitely make you want to listen to "West Coast" in its entirety non-stop. Lana reveals for us some of the clichés, and customs in the golden coast in the lyrics. We can't wait to fly to L.A, make our way to a deserted beach and lied down on our beach hair listen to beautiful "West Coast" at sunrise.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances