Lady Gaga releases the first iTunes countdown single of the "Artpop" era. "Do What U Want", track number 7 on the album, and a collaboration with R.Kelly is the chosen one. "Do What U Want" was first previewed in a 30-second Best Buy commercial of "Beats by Dre", and Gaga revealed the official artwork for the "promo single" through all her social networks. The photo is a close-up shot of Gaga's "behind" wearing just a fine floral thong.
Putting the controversial cover aside, and focusing just on the music, "Do What U Want" is a flawless R&B-influenced song. The lyrics are bit "out there", though. Hearing Lady Gaga sing repeatedly, "do what you want with my body", eventually disturbs you a bit. However, I get the message she wants to transmit with the song. Her vocals sound clear and magnificent, the production is subtle but on-point, and having "Do What U Want" an R&B edge, to ask R.Kelly to feature on it was such "the right move". Awesome duet.
Hit or Miss?
- Breaking: Gwen Stefani & Fergie's New Singles Premiering VERY Soon!
- Nicole Scherzinger - "Big Fat Lie"
- Nick Jonas' "Jealous" Music Video Is Too Bad To Be True: Watch
- James Blunt Says What He'll Do "When I Find Love Again": Listen
- New Music: Jeremih - 'Don't Tell Em'
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Listen: K. Michelle Premieres Heartbreaker Anthem "Love 'Em All"
- Jason Aldean Gets Racy On "Gonna Know We Were Here"
- Video: Barbra Streisand Performs "Partners" Songs on "Jimmy Fallon"
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Make "Nature Boy" Their Own: Listen
- August Alsina & Nicki Minaj Have Awkward Chemistry In "No Love" Remix Music Video
- New Music & Video: Rick Ross - 'Elvis Presley BLVD'
- Tinashe Gets Sexy In The New Track "Feels Like Vegas": Listen
- Jennifer Hudson Wastes Iggy Azalea Collab / Listen To "He Ain't Goin' Nowhere" In Full
- Alicia Keys Explains & Performs "We Are Here" on "The Today Show"