Lady Gaga releases the first iTunes countdown single of the "Artpop" era. "Do What U Want", track number 7 on the album, and a collaboration with R.Kelly is the chosen one. "Do What U Want" was first previewed in a 30-second Best Buy commercial of "Beats by Dre", and Gaga revealed the official artwork for the "promo single" through all her social networks. The photo is a close-up shot of Gaga's "behind" wearing just a fine floral thong.
Putting the controversial cover aside, and focusing just on the music, "Do What U Want" is a flawless R&B-influenced song. The lyrics are bit "out there", though. Hearing Lady Gaga sing repeatedly, "do what you want with my body", eventually disturbs you a bit. However, I get the message she wants to transmit with the song. Her vocals sound clear and magnificent, the production is subtle but on-point, and having "Do What U Want" an R&B edge, to ask R.Kelly to feature on it was such "the right move". Awesome duet.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Foo Fighters - "Congregation"
- Take That - "These Days"
- David Guetta - "Dangerous"
- New Music: Ludacris - 'Good Lovin'
- Watch: Kendrick Lamar & Imagine Dragons Perform At Cleveland Cavaliers 2014-2015 Season Opener
- Preview: Demi Lovato & Olly Murs - "Up"
- "Blank Space" Announced as Second Single from Taylor Swift's "1989" / Brilliant Choice?
- Tulisa Will Entice You With Her Lips In "Living Without You" Music Video
- Lady Antebellum - "Freestyle"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- One Direction Confirm "Night Changes" as Next Single In Exclusive Scott Mills Interview + Talk "Four" Album: Listen
- Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Olly Murs - "Wrapped Up"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Gotti'
- Download: Future – ‘Monster’