Lady Gaga releases the first iTunes countdown single of the "Artpop" era. "Do What U Want", track number 7 on the album, and a collaboration with R.Kelly is the chosen one. "Do What U Want" was first previewed in a 30-second Best Buy commercial of "Beats by Dre", and Gaga revealed the official artwork for the "promo single" through all her social networks. The photo is a close-up shot of Gaga's "behind" wearing just a fine floral thong.
Putting the controversial cover aside, and focusing just on the music, "Do What U Want" is a flawless R&B-influenced song. The lyrics are bit "out there", though. Hearing Lady Gaga sing repeatedly, "do what you want with my body", eventually disturbs you a bit. However, I get the message she wants to transmit with the song. Her vocals sound clear and magnificent, the production is subtle but on-point, and having "Do What U Want" an R&B edge, to ask R.Kelly to feature on it was such "the right move". Awesome duet.
Hit or Miss?
- iLoveMakonnen - 'Tuesday'
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Ryan Cabrera - "House On Fire"
- Nicole Scherzinger - "Big Fat Lie"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- Taylor Swift & Olly Murs Perform on "X Factor Australia" Season 6 Finale
- New Music: Calvin Harris - "Outside"
- Union J - "You Got It All"
- Foo Fighters Unveil "Something from Nothing" Lyric Video
- Iggy Azalea Unveils 'Reclassified' Album Tracklisting
- New Music: Drake - 'How About Now'
- Watch: Jessie J and Maroon 5 Perform on "X Factor UK"