Lady Gaga releases the first iTunes countdown single of the "Artpop" era. "Do What U Want", track number 7 on the album, and a collaboration with R.Kelly is the chosen one. "Do What U Want" was first previewed in a 30-second Best Buy commercial of "Beats by Dre", and Gaga revealed the official artwork for the "promo single" through all her social networks. The photo is a close-up shot of Gaga's "behind" wearing just a fine floral thong.
Putting the controversial cover aside, and focusing just on the music, "Do What U Want" is a flawless R&B-influenced song. The lyrics are bit "out there", though. Hearing Lady Gaga sing repeatedly, "do what you want with my body", eventually disturbs you a bit. However, I get the message she wants to transmit with the song. Her vocals sound clear and magnificent, the production is subtle but on-point, and having "Do What U Want" an R&B edge, to ask R.Kelly to feature on it was such "the right move". Awesome duet.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Neon Hitch - "Yard Sale"
- Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade"
- French Montana - "R&B Bitches"
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"
- Inna - "Good Time"
- New Music: Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"