Lady Gaga releases the first iTunes countdown single of the "Artpop" era. "Do What U Want", track number 7 on the album, and a collaboration with R.Kelly is the chosen one. "Do What U Want" was first previewed in a 30-second Best Buy commercial of "Beats by Dre", and Gaga revealed the official artwork for the "promo single" through all her social networks. The photo is a close-up shot of Gaga's "behind" wearing just a fine floral thong.
Putting the controversial cover aside, and focusing just on the music, "Do What U Want" is a flawless R&B-influenced song. The lyrics are bit "out there", though. Hearing Lady Gaga sing repeatedly, "do what you want with my body", eventually disturbs you a bit. However, I get the message she wants to transmit with the song. Her vocals sound clear and magnificent, the production is subtle but on-point, and having "Do What U Want" an R&B edge, to ask R.Kelly to feature on it was such "the right move". Awesome duet.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Beg for It"
- New Music: Foo Fighters - "The Feast and the Famine"
- Taylor Swift Performs "Out of The Woods" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Watch: Nicki Minaj Stars in 2014 MTV EMA Commercial!
- Tamar Braxton - "Let Me Know"
- Walk The Moon - "Shut Up And Dance"
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Fooo Conspiracy: Talk Coming to the U.S, New Music & Justin Bieber!
- Kiesza Makes "GMA" Debut with "Hideaway" Performance
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Iggy Szn"
- Jessie J, Nicole Scherzinger & Ella Eyre Perform at 2014 MOBO Awards: Watch
- Jordin Sparks Previews New Songs at Salaam Remi Showcase / 3rd Album Out Early 2015?
- J. Cole Jumps On Jessie Ware's "Kind of...Sometimes...Maybe" Remix: Listen
- New Music: Rita Ora - "Grateful"
- Tyga Covers VIBE, Calls Drake “Fake” & Says “I Don’t Really Get Along With Nicki”