R&B songstress Keyshia Cole sings about 'heartbreak' (again) on her new single "Enough of No Love", featuring Lil' Wayne...Listen above! Produced by Harmony and co-written by Keyshia and Redd Stylez, "Enough of No Love" got the 'green light' for radio premiere today, and will hit iTunes on July 3rd.
My thoughts: Without the Lil' Wayne feature "Enough of No Love" would be a complete disaster of a single. With Weezy on it, "Enough of No Love" might get in the Top 5 on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart of Billboard. With or without Lil' Wayne, "Enough of No Love" is a weak and forgettable song. Keyshia may have scored hits and good sales in 2005 and 2007 with the "The Way It Is" and "Just Like You" eras, respectively, but it's now 2012, and R&B ain't selling. So my advise would be: Dear Ms Cole don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, and try new things; like asking producers to give you more 'current' beats, and try singing in different vocal arrengements too. I'd never force Keyshia to record 'dance/pop' songs ala Nicki Minaj...ever!...but I do think there can be evolution in the 'stubborn' R&B genre. Add a little 'pop' feeling to it, find a nice melody, and 'heartbreak' doesn't always have to be your reference for lyrics.
What do you think of 'Enough Of No Love'?
- New Music: Rita Ora - "Grateful"
- Tyga Covers VIBE, Calls Drake “Fake” & Says “I Don’t Really Get Along With Nicki”
- Cobra Starship - "Never Been In Love"
- Pitbull Hangs Out with Adorable Penguins in "Celebrate" Music Video
- New Music: Bastille - "Torn Apart"
- New Music: Sia - "You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Style"
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'
- T.I. - 'Paperwork'
- Gwen Stefani - "Baby Don't Lie"
- Tulisa Drops Flawless Kiesza-esque Single "Living Without You": Listen
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- OneRepublic Cover George Ezra's "Budapest" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Preview: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Just Saying"
- New Music: Danity Kane - "All In A Day's Work"