R&B songstress Keyshia Cole sings about 'heartbreak' (again) on her new single "Enough of No Love", featuring Lil' Wayne...Listen above! Produced by Harmony and co-written by Keyshia and Redd Stylez, "Enough of No Love" got the 'green light' for radio premiere today, and will hit iTunes on July 3rd.
My thoughts: Without the Lil' Wayne feature "Enough of No Love" would be a complete disaster of a single. With Weezy on it, "Enough of No Love" might get in the Top 5 on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart of Billboard. With or without Lil' Wayne, "Enough of No Love" is a weak and forgettable song. Keyshia may have scored hits and good sales in 2005 and 2007 with the "The Way It Is" and "Just Like You" eras, respectively, but it's now 2012, and R&B ain't selling. So my advise would be: Dear Ms Cole don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, and try new things; like asking producers to give you more 'current' beats, and try singing in different vocal arrengements too. I'd never force Keyshia to record 'dance/pop' songs ala Nicki Minaj...ever!...but I do think there can be evolution in the 'stubborn' R&B genre. Add a little 'pop' feeling to it, find a nice melody, and 'heartbreak' doesn't always have to be your reference for lyrics.
What do you think of 'Enough Of No Love'?
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances
- New Music: Ariana Grande - "Santa Tell Me"
- New Music: Gwen Stefani - "Spark The Fire"
- Bruno Mars Annihilates SNL with "Uptown Funk": Watch!
- Download: Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid: Shady Classics
- DirectLyrics Interviews The HeavyTrackerz: On UK Chart Success, "Old Habits" & Possible Ed Sheeran Collaboration!
- Listen To Charli XCX's AMAZING Pop-Punk Track "Breaking Up"