Eclectic singer Kelis comes forward with the first single from her upcoming 'Flesh Tone' follow-up album, the UK garage-influenced track "Distance", which received its first play on Reprezent 107.3FM’s "The Beatnik Mix" (UK) on Sunday (July 1st)...Listen above! Produced by English dubstepper Skream, "Distance" is an all whisper-y tune (very Kelis these days), which although lacks a proper chorus, it gains points with that awesome kinda dark, 90's garage music production! I applaud Kelis for deciding to stay original and not falling into the claws of the 'current' uber-commercial dance/pop sound. The question here is though...if "Distance" is the correct choice for 1st single. I personally dig it, and it's growing on me with each play, BUT...being honest, I just don't see a great future on the charts to it. It's just too risky.
What do you think of 'Distance'?
- Watch: Kendrick Lamar & Imagine Dragons Perform At Cleveland Cavaliers 2014-2015 Season Opener
- Preview: Demi Lovato & Olly Murs - "Up"
- "Blank Space" Announced as Second Single from Taylor Swift's "1989" / Brilliant Choice?
- Tulisa Will Entice You With Her Lips In "Living Without You" Music Video
- Lady Antebellum - "Freestyle"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- One Direction Confirm "Night Changes" as Next Single In Exclusive Scott Mills Interview + Talk "Four" Album: Listen
- Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Olly Murs - "Wrapped Up"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Gotti'
- Download: Future – ‘Monster’
- New Music: Nicki Minaj - "Only"
- World Premiere: Calvin Harris - "Together"
- New Music: Austin Mahone - "Places"
- Behind The Scenes: Ariana Grande - "Love Me Harder"