Eclectic singer Kelis comes forward with the first single from her upcoming 'Flesh Tone' follow-up album, the UK garage-influenced track "Distance", which received its first play on Reprezent 107.3FM’s "The Beatnik Mix" (UK) on Sunday (July 1st)...Listen above! Produced by English dubstepper Skream, "Distance" is an all whisper-y tune (very Kelis these days), which although lacks a proper chorus, it gains points with that awesome kinda dark, 90's garage music production! I applaud Kelis for deciding to stay original and not falling into the claws of the 'current' uber-commercial dance/pop sound. The question here is though...if "Distance" is the correct choice for 1st single. I personally dig it, and it's growing on me with each play, BUT...being honest, I just don't see a great future on the charts to it. It's just too risky.
What do you think of 'Distance'?
- J. Cole Jumps On Jessie Ware's "Kind of...Sometimes...Maybe" Remix: Listen
- New Music: Rita Ora - "Grateful"
- Tyga Covers VIBE, Calls Drake “Fake” & Says “I Don’t Really Get Along With Nicki”
- Cobra Starship - "Never Been In Love"
- Pitbull Hangs Out with Adorable Penguins in "Celebrate" Music Video
- New Music: Bastille - "Torn Apart"
- New Music: Sia - "You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Style"
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'
- T.I. - 'Paperwork'
- Gwen Stefani - "Baby Don't Lie"
- Tulisa Drops Flawless Kiesza-esque Single "Living Without You": Listen
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- OneRepublic Cover George Ezra's "Budapest" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Preview: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Just Saying"