Eclectic singer Kelis comes forward with the first single from her upcoming 'Flesh Tone' follow-up album, the UK garage-influenced track "Distance", which received its first play on Reprezent 107.3FM’s "The Beatnik Mix" (UK) on Sunday (July 1st)...Listen above! Produced by English dubstepper Skream, "Distance" is an all whisper-y tune (very Kelis these days), which although lacks a proper chorus, it gains points with that awesome kinda dark, 90's garage music production! I applaud Kelis for deciding to stay original and not falling into the claws of the 'current' uber-commercial dance/pop sound. The question here is though...if "Distance" is the correct choice for 1st single. I personally dig it, and it's growing on me with each play, BUT...being honest, I just don't see a great future on the charts to it. It's just too risky.
What do you think of 'Distance'?
- Amelia Lily -"California"
- Fifth Harmony Debut New Songs "Reflection", "Over" & "Going Nowhere" In Concert: Watch
- New Music: G.R.L - "Girls Are Always Right"
- OneRepublic Perform "Ordinary Human" on "The Today Show"
- Fifth Harmony Rehearse New Fierce Song "Reflection": Video
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Perform "Beside You" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- New Music: Nick Jonas - "Chains"
- Hilary Duff Plays New Single 'Chasing the Sun' at Marquee NYC: Watch
- Watch: French Montana & Khloe Kardashian Interview With Angie Martinez On Power 105
- New Music: Asher Monroe - "Lonely Island"
- Lily Allen - "As Long As I Got You"
- Katy Perry - "This Is How We Do"
- Shawn Mendes Performs "Life of The Party" on "Kelly & Michael": Watch
- Beyoncé Sings Darker "Crazy In Love" In Full Trailer of "50 Shades of Grey"
- The Vamps Perform "Somebody to You" on "The Today Show"