Eclectic singer Kelis comes forward with the first single from her upcoming 'Flesh Tone' follow-up album, the UK garage-influenced track "Distance", which received its first play on Reprezent 107.3FM’s "The Beatnik Mix" (UK) on Sunday (July 1st)...Listen above! Produced by English dubstepper Skream, "Distance" is an all whisper-y tune (very Kelis these days), which although lacks a proper chorus, it gains points with that awesome kinda dark, 90's garage music production! I applaud Kelis for deciding to stay original and not falling into the claws of the 'current' uber-commercial dance/pop sound. The question here is though...if "Distance" is the correct choice for 1st single. I personally dig it, and it's growing on me with each play, BUT...being honest, I just don't see a great future on the charts to it. It's just too risky.
What do you think of 'Distance'?
- Nick Jonas - "Chains"
- Video: Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Had A Fight In Ibiza! Blows Thrown?
- Listen To 1-Minute Snippet of Ariana Grande's "Be My Baby" Song
- Hunter Hayes - "Tattoo"
- New Music: Neon Hitch - "Yard Sale"
- Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade"
- French Montana - "R&B Bitches"
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"