Jason Derulo gave KIIS FM's "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" permission to premiere his new song "Marry Me" today, August 26th. The mid-tempo R&B/pop cut will serve as the second US single (but third internationally, listen to "Talk Dirty") from the Miami-born singer's upcoming third studio album, "Tattoos", due in stores September 24.
"Marry Me" sounds breezy but it totally falls into the 'meh...' category for me. Only if he gets, say, Jordin Sparks to star in the music video, then problably I, and more people, may be willing to pay some more attention to his new single. 'Cause if not, I am convinced "Marry Me" will pass pretty much unnoticed. Curious thing is that I didn't like that much "Talk Dirty" either (as I think Jason should stick to his comfort dance/electro pop sound...at least for singles) but that 2 Chainz feature could've secured him a crossover edge in Urban radios, so maybe releasing "Talk Dirty" in the US too (along with Europe, and Australia) might've been a good idea in the end, knowing now that "Marry Me" was the other option his label was considering for US single.
Hit or Miss?
- Taylor Swift Chats & Shakes It Off on "Alan Carr"
- Taylor Swift - "1989"
- Kiesza - "No Enemiesz"
- New Music: T.I. - 'About The Money'
- One Direction - "Steal My Girl"
- New Music: Lupe Fiasco - 'Haile Selassie'
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Beg for It"
- New Music: Foo Fighters - "The Feast and the Famine"
- Taylor Swift Performs "Out of The Woods" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Watch: Nicki Minaj Stars in 2014 MTV EMA Commercial!
- Tamar Braxton - "Let Me Know"
- Walk The Moon - "Shut Up And Dance"
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Fooo Conspiracy: Talk Coming to the U.S, New Music & Justin Bieber!
- Kiesza Makes "GMA" Debut with "Hideaway" Performance