What would Nina Simone think? Rapper Flo Rida samples the classic "Feeling Good" on his new single "How I Feel", the first official single from his upcoming fifth studio album entitled "The Perfect 10", hitting stores in early 2014 via Atlantic Records.
After losing his amazing streak of hit singles with his most recent releases ("Tell Me When You Ready" (feat. Future) and "Can't Believe It" (feat. Pitbull)". Total chart disasters), Flo Rida tries to make things right again re-using one his magic formulas. The sampling of old classic tunes. For "Good Feeling" (2011), one of the rapper's most successful songs to date, he sampled Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" for the chorus, and for the new 2013 single "How I Feel" he's sampling Nina Simone's "Feeling Good".
How it all fares? It's not bad. Not bad at all. If you liked "Good Feeling", then you will be supporting "How I Feel" too. The chorus brings a pleasant vintage feeling, while Flo Rida keeps the energy pumping in the booming verses.
Hit or Miss?
- Sam Smith - "I'm Not The Only One"
- Keyshia Cole - "She"
- Cody Simpson Teases Justin Bieber Collaboration On Instagram: Listen
- New Music: Fat Joe - 'Stressin'
- Mary Lambert - "Secrets"
- Lady Gaga Performs "Dope" For The First Time on "ArtRave" Tour: Watch
- Katy Perry – ‘This Is How We Do’
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Mark Ballas - "Miss Incredible"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Alexandra Stan: On Second Album, New Single "Dance", Speaking Spanish & Romania Tourism!
- New Music: Christina Grimmie - "Must Be Love"
- Enrique Iglesias Lip-Syncs In Debut US TV Performance of "Bailando" on "Got Talent"
- 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Amnesia"
- New Music: Chance The Rapper – 'Wonderful Everyday: Arthur'
- Lana Del Rey – 'Ultraviolence'
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Announce North American 2015 Tour on "Ryan Seacrest"