What would Nina Simone think? Rapper Flo Rida samples the classic "Feeling Good" on his new single "How I Feel", the first official single from his upcoming fifth studio album entitled "The Perfect 10", hitting stores in early 2014 via Atlantic Records.
After losing his amazing streak of hit singles with his most recent releases ("Tell Me When You Ready" (feat. Future) and "Can't Believe It" (feat. Pitbull)". Total chart disasters), Flo Rida tries to make things right again re-using one his magic formulas. The sampling of old classic tunes. For "Good Feeling" (2011), one of the rapper's most successful songs to date, he sampled Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" for the chorus, and for the new 2013 single "How I Feel" he's sampling Nina Simone's "Feeling Good".
How it all fares? It's not bad. Not bad at all. If you liked "Good Feeling", then you will be supporting "How I Feel" too. The chorus brings a pleasant vintage feeling, while Flo Rida keeps the energy pumping in the booming verses.
Hit or Miss?
- Pitbull Hangs Out with Adorable Penguins in "Celebrate" Music Video
- New Music: Bastille - "Torn Apart"
- New Music: Sia - "You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Style"
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'
- T.I. - 'Paperwork'
- Gwen Stefani - "Baby Don't Lie"
- Tulisa Drops Flawless Kiesza-esque Single "Living Without You": Listen
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- OneRepublic Cover George Ezra's "Budapest" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Preview: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Just Saying"
- New Music: Danity Kane - "All In A Day's Work"
- Wrong? Keyshia Cole's Son Daniel Gibson Jr Appears In "Remember " Music Video: Watch
- The HeavyTrackerz Drop Video For Feel-Good Debut Single "Old Habits"
- iLoveMakonnen - 'Tuesday'