What would Nina Simone think? Rapper Flo Rida samples the classic "Feeling Good" on his new single "How I Feel", the first official single from his upcoming fifth studio album entitled "The Perfect 10", hitting stores in early 2014 via Atlantic Records.
After losing his amazing streak of hit singles with his most recent releases ("Tell Me When You Ready" (feat. Future) and "Can't Believe It" (feat. Pitbull)". Total chart disasters), Flo Rida tries to make things right again re-using one his magic formulas. The sampling of old classic tunes. For "Good Feeling" (2011), one of the rapper's most successful songs to date, he sampled Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" for the chorus, and for the new 2013 single "How I Feel" he's sampling Nina Simone's "Feeling Good".
How it all fares? It's not bad. Not bad at all. If you liked "Good Feeling", then you will be supporting "How I Feel" too. The chorus brings a pleasant vintage feeling, while Flo Rida keeps the energy pumping in the booming verses.
Hit or Miss?
- Tulisa Will Entice You With Her Lips In "Living Without You" Music Video
- Lady Antebellum - "Freestyle"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- One Direction Confirm "Night Changes" as Next Single In Exclusive Scott Mills Interview + Talk "Four" Album: Listen
- Florida Georgia Line - "Sun Daze"
- Olly Murs - "Wrapped Up"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Gotti'
- Download: Future – ‘Monster’
- New Music: Nicki Minaj - "Only"
- World Premiere: Calvin Harris - "Together"
- New Music: Austin Mahone - "Places"
- Behind The Scenes: Ariana Grande - "Love Me Harder"
- New Music: Teyana Taylor - 'Do Not Disturb'
- Nicki Minaj’s ‘The Pinkprint’ Album Delayed Until December
- World Premiere: Bastille - "The Driver"