What would Nina Simone think? Rapper Flo Rida samples the classic "Feeling Good" on his new single "How I Feel", the first official single from his upcoming fifth studio album entitled "The Perfect 10", hitting stores in early 2014 via Atlantic Records.
After losing his amazing streak of hit singles with his most recent releases ("Tell Me When You Ready" (feat. Future) and "Can't Believe It" (feat. Pitbull)". Total chart disasters), Flo Rida tries to make things right again re-using one his magic formulas. The sampling of old classic tunes. For "Good Feeling" (2011), one of the rapper's most successful songs to date, he sampled Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" for the chorus, and for the new 2013 single "How I Feel" he's sampling Nina Simone's "Feeling Good".
How it all fares? It's not bad. Not bad at all. If you liked "Good Feeling", then you will be supporting "How I Feel" too. The chorus brings a pleasant vintage feeling, while Flo Rida keeps the energy pumping in the booming verses.
Hit or Miss?
- Bonnie McKee Flaunts Bikini Body In "California Winter" ONE-SHOT Music Video: Watch!
- New Music: Madonna - "Living for Love"
- Got 16 Minutes To Spare? Watch Nicki Minaj's "The Pinkprint Movie" Then
- The Veronicas Strut For Their Lives In "If You Love Someone" Music Video
- Download: French Montana - 'Mac & Cheese: The Appetizer'
- Merry Christmas! Miguel Releases 3 FREE New Songs
- Leona Lewis Teases Amazing Adele-Esque New Song: Watch
- Watch: Rihanna Shoots "Secret" Footage with Fans In Paris
- Interscope Confirms New Ellie Goulding & Carly Rae Jepsen Singles for Early 2015
- Nicki Minaj Talks Jay-Z Inspiring "The Pinkprint" Title on "The View"
- Hear Preview of Lana Del Rey and Her Ex-Boyfriend Barrie O'Neill's Duet "Riverside"
- Lady Gaga Brings "Cheek to Cheek" to "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon": Interview + Performances
- Watch Michael Bublé & Ariana Grande Cover "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" on NBC's "Christmas In New York"
- New Music: Chris Brown & Tyga - 'Ayo'
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Smoke Chambers'