What would Nina Simone think? Rapper Flo Rida samples the classic "Feeling Good" on his new single "How I Feel", the first official single from his upcoming fifth studio album entitled "The Perfect 10", hitting stores in early 2014 via Atlantic Records.
After losing his amazing streak of hit singles with his most recent releases ("Tell Me When You Ready" (feat. Future) and "Can't Believe It" (feat. Pitbull)". Total chart disasters), Flo Rida tries to make things right again re-using one his magic formulas. The sampling of old classic tunes. For "Good Feeling" (2011), one of the rapper's most successful songs to date, he sampled Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" for the chorus, and for the new 2013 single "How I Feel" he's sampling Nina Simone's "Feeling Good".
How it all fares? It's not bad. Not bad at all. If you liked "Good Feeling", then you will be supporting "How I Feel" too. The chorus brings a pleasant vintage feeling, while Flo Rida keeps the energy pumping in the booming verses.
Hit or Miss?
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Bumpin' The Night"
- Song Premiere: Jason Aldean - "Just Gettin' Started"
- Ed Sheeran Covers Hozier's "Take Me To Church" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Nico & Vinz - "When the Day Comes"
- New Music: You+Me - "Capsized"
- Mila J Shows Off Abs & Twerks In "My Main" Music Video
- Tinashe - "Pretend"
- New Music: The Game - 'Black On Black'
- New Music: Gorgon City - "Go All Night"
- Song Premiere: Jessie J - "Personal"
- Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Music: Lorde - "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Watch: Lil Kim Interview With The Breakfast Club
- Ed Sheeran & The Veronicas Perform on "The X Factor Australia"
- World Premiere: Maroon 5 - 'Animals'