Daughtry is back. The rock band led by American Idol alum Chris Daughtry released on iTunes at 00:01 on Tuesday, September 17th the lead single from their upcoming fourth studio album. The track is called "Waiting for Superman", and is co-written by Sam Hollander and Martin Johnson, the guys behind Karmin's "Acapella".
I think Daughtry got it wrong. This song shouldn't be part of their new studio album, they should've offered it to Warner Bros. Pictures to include it on the soundtrack of the next "Superman" movie. I mean, all these references...! ("Superman", "washing his cape", "Lois Lane", and "Metropolis"). It's not a bad song, though!. It's good, but it doesn't sound "2013" to me, if you know what I mean. "Waiting for Superman", unlike Daughtry's 2011 first single, "Renegade", has a clear radio-friendliness appeal, and pop edge. The Daughtry fellas know they need a hit to get back in the charts' good graces. (2011's "Break The Spell" album didn't sell that well, and none of the four released singles cracked the Top 40 on Billboard's Hot 100). And "Waiting for Superman" might be the song they need. It will get a few 'spins' outside the 'rock' radio formats, for sure, and that's key.
"Waiting for Superman" is a rock song whose lyrics speak of a girl, who feels alone, and who's been 'locked up in her apartment', waiting for that prince charming, aka. her superman, to come and the two fall in love, and have a happy ever after.
Hit or Miss?
- Watch Bastille's Fun & Creepy "Torn Apart" Music Video
- Conchita Wurst Premieres Abstract "Heroes" Music Video
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fun"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- New Music: Demi Lovato - "Up"
- New Music: Eminem – ‘Shady XV’ / ‘Lose Yourself’
- New Music: Iggy Azalea & Ellie Goulding - "Heavy Crown"
- The Script - "No Good In Goodbye"
- Phillip Phillips - "Unpack Your Heart"
- New Music: Selena Gomez - "Do It"
- B.o.B - "Not For Long"
- New Music: Hudson Mohawke - 'Chimes'
- 30-Sec Snippets of Beyoncé's "7/11" & "Ring Off" Leak: Preview Now!
- Meghan Trainor - "Lips Are Moving"
- New Music: David Guetta - "Hey Mama"